Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Why is my alfa badge this color...?

Post by GarthW »

Thought i'd put this thread up here also to help shed some light on the badge which sits on the rear hatch of my gtv6.

Its meant to be this color.

Its not faded nor discolored.

Was like this from the factory.

Has anyone have a badge like this on their alfa by any chance?

Its weird but i have never seen an alfa badge like this one, well its just the colors that are different, different shades of blue, blue cross instead of red, but snake of course still green.

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this.... :)
Attachments
DSC020794.jpg
DSC020794.jpg (34.37 KiB) Viewed 11317 times

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

it looks sunfaded... I have never seen one like this before.
www.abarthbadges.co.uk has a bunch of cool stuff
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Nah sportuner, there is no sun fading. :roll:

Selling 1985 GTV6.

GregoryV
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GregoryV »

I've seen one like that before! It was maybe 15 years back I think on a white gtv6 (84-86), don't seem to remember the car being anything else special, just the badges being different color - thought it was pretty darn cool!

GV
20-Years-3-Motors-Later
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

I dont rekon they are factory original. I think the dealers did that. I remember seeing various new fords in the uk with colourful badges like that. when I asked about it at my main dealer, they told me that dealerships sometimes do that. Its easy to do. ( well on the ford badges anyway).

You just take all the paint off of the back of the badge, until the badge is clear through.then paint the infill areas with what ever colour you want, mask them off, then spray the overiding arear with whatever you want. The result is totally original looking, and you would never know the difference. I did it with several ford and abarth badges. though I havent tried it with an alfa badge.
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

Also a very interesting history to the alfa badge. see how much history the badge represents.

http://alfaowner.com/alfaowner/mainmenu ... istory.htm

:D
joey
Gold
Gold

ahh that was u!

Post by joey »

hey garth,

i'm pretty sure it was u driving past my joint ! u were driving up McArthur rd late at night (past midnite) maybe last week? driving on McArthur heading out to lygon past the cemetery... sweet looking 6 mate... if it was you i believe the plate was gt**6.

frikken loud if that was u...
"Fun is an unintended, unforeseen, and usually undignified consequence of life."
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Hey Mjr, yeah that could most likely be it.

But damn your right about it looking original.

Joey, no that couldnt have been me mate, my number plate doesnt say that, its just a normal vic plate.

My car is pictured in my avatar, also in-My 85mdl gtv6 cheers, intro gallery. :)

Selling 1985 GTV6.

mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

having looked at a badge, it could be done in half an hour, no problem, as only the flat areas have been re-painted. I have a badge somewhere, I'll have a play this weekend and see if I can reproduce the effect.
GregoryV
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GregoryV »

Sure the colors could be duplicated - but I know I saw a gtv6 with badges like that here in California years back, so it's pretty strange that Garth is in Australia - and I mean that badge is exactly like the one I saw dead-on down to the brass outlines. I think it would have had to have come from the factory that way.

GV
20-Years-3-Motors-Later
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

GarthW wrote:Hey Mjr, yeah that could most likely be it.

But damn your right about it looking original.

Joey, no that couldnt have been me mate, my number plate doesnt say that, its just a normal vic plate.

My car is pictured in my avatar, also in-My 85mdl gtv6 cheers, intro gallery. :)
whoa, thats weird, two zender bodied silver gtv6s scooting around melbourne... this one did have different wheels but i figured they were changed... how about that ! they were very aftermarket as well... Should go down to bells hotel one of these days ! :wink:
"Fun is an unintended, unforeseen, and usually undignified consequence of life."
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Gregory, yeah i've never seen badge like this on other alfa before. I wonder if they came from one place? Interesting how you saw one in California though... But most likely painted lol. But you never know..

MJR, look forward to seeing how your badge comes up!

Joey, hey man yeah there are afew zender kitted out gtv6's around here.

Which is good! :)

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Nicholas
Silver
Silver

Post by Nicholas »

I have the same one on the front of my car .

Sorry, but they are just faded.
Nick
GTV630
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Then its not the same.

Faded, sheesh. :roll:

Think another photo must be taken to show you just how not faded it is lol.

Yours maybe, and how would a front badge fade anyway? My front isnt anywhere near faded, and so it shouldnt, its not up facing the light. I have my dads old badge from his 1964 2.5 Pantera, and that badge isnt even faded. :shock:

Nuff said. 8)

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Nicholas
Silver
Silver

Post by Nicholas »

Yeah I wanted to believe it was some rare anomalie too, but its not, it's 22 years old and Alfa Romeo aren't renowned for consistent quality.
The one on my hatch is really good and has all its colour. The light blue is the base colour all the others are layed over the top of this.

my 2 cents... and yes you can tell me it ain't worth 2 cents if you like. lol
Nick
GTV630