Wille27
Silver
Silver

Hard to select gears from neutral

Post by Wille27 »

hi

when the car is warmed up it gets very hard to selected 1st, 2nd (and often 3rd) gear from neutral. there is no grinding sound in the box. the problems occour only when the car stand still and is warm. if this problem occours and i switch off the motor there is no problem to select the gears. also if the car is on the move theres is no problems. when the box is in this bad mood there is almost impossible to select reverse without grinding, this i the only time the box grinds.

i recently changed the transmission fluid without any progress. the linkage and the gearbox mountings has been checked by a alfa workshop and the problem isnt there.

the clutch hasnt been checked, but it works normally. the box has just been running 38000km.

have been searching on diffrent forums and i cant find anyone with a similar problem. would be nice with some clues what it could be.

Mats
Verde
Verde

Re: Hard to select gears from neutral

Post by Mats »

Clutch... 8)

Does it make a difference if you depress the pedal faster? Any leaks (i.e. does it need to be refilled)?
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Wille27
Silver
Silver

Post by Wille27 »

Mats wrote:Clutch... 8)

Does it make a difference if you depress the pedal faster? Any leaks (i.e. does it need to be refilled)?
no. tried so many diffrent ways today. it do sometimes work flawless but about 1/20 of the times. the fluid canister is full. if it would be the clutch, shouldnt the gears be grinding?
Wille27
Silver
Silver

Post by Wille27 »

Wille27 wrote:
Mats wrote:Clutch... 8)

no. tried so many diffrent ways today. it do sometimes work flawless but about 1/20 of the times. the fluid canister is full. if it would be the clutch, shouldnt the gears be grinding?
it was the clutch. It had rusty splines. But not anymore, it works perfect now :)
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Good job on posting feedback!
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!