PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Rear donut question

Post by PietereQ »

Ok I may humiliate myself here but anyway... All the stuff conneted with guibo types being changed over the years is vague to me... Can you tell that this is the "proper" rear guibo for 1984 Euro gtv6? Reason I'm ansking i wanted to install brand new rear guibo off my friend bought for his 1985 Milano and well, it wasn't quite a fit.
Thanks
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

C'mon guys, no one??? here on this forum?
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

the right one depends on what clutch you have .........or atleast thats what im remembering off the top of my brain
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

I don't know if I can put it in right words I have the convex pressure plate... Shouldn't all v6 transaxles be eqipped with the concave one?
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

some have the "twin" some of the later ones(or so im told) had a single..but all milano's had a single?

ohh hell i get it all twisted around...but its single vs double clutch
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

Well makes sense, afaik the weaker transaxle cars had the cheaper clutches with convex pressure plates (which is my case) as opposed to v6's turbos etc. If this is correct then someone had to chage the rear part of the driveshaft to fit the clutch? :? I kinda have a problem because when i want to order the guibo for gtv6 they all have diffent guibos listed...