MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Speedo question

Post by MR2 Zig »

I hope this is the right spot for this.

My speedo reads 66mph (usa) at 3000rpm. This corresponds to the tech data that says I should be going 22mph per 1000rpm.

If I time the car over a distance at 3000rpm it goes 78.5 mph.

So....what is not right? Speedo unit? box under the seat? Transmission? Speedo sender at the transmission?

Of note is the tires are 205/60/15. A bit big , but not enough to cause that much error.

Thanks,
Scott
shures
Gold
Gold

Speedo Error

Post by shures »

I am surprised no one more knowledgable than me replied but here goes. I always expected Alfa speedos to be incorrect. Some one either on this forum or alfadigest posted a link to the Universal Speedometer Signal Interface here: http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/ ... prd126.htm There were a few testemonials and so I saved the link. Not a lot of money and certainly will allow you to calibrate as accurately as you care to.
Scott Shure
Ellicott City, Md
85 GTV-6
tectoteam
Gold
Gold

Re: Speedo question

Post by tectoteam »

MR2 Zig wrote:I hope this is the right spot for this.

My speedo reads 66mph (usa) at 3000rpm. This corresponds to the tech data that says I should be going 22mph per 1000rpm.
If I time the car over a distance at 3000rpm it goes 78.5 mph.
So....what is not right? Speedo unit? box under the seat? Transmission? Speedo sender at the transmission?
Of note is the tires are 205/60/15. A bit big , but not enough to cause that much error.
Thanks,
Scott
some calibration needed...
ive seen in the past a post that explain a speedo adjusting procedure..but dont remenber sorry
2 stroke addict