GTAm
Silver
Silver

Picture of underside.

Post by GTAm »

Hi Guys,
I'm new and from the far away land Sri Lanka. I am restoring a Alfetta GTV 2000. It is about 75% complete.
I've had many problems and delays on my way to this point as there were many non original parts that were fitted to this car and quite a few mods done.
I'm taking it back to original spec.
I need to see the underside of the car especially the prop shaft and how it's mounted. My prop shaft has been mounted using a Japanese mount. Need to see how the original is fixed. Can you help me?

Old Alfas are ultra rare over here. I have got a Sud Sprint Veloce and a Giulia GT Junior. My everyday drive is a 156. So you see I'm a real Alfisti!!!!
GTAm
GTAm
Silver
Silver

Post by GTAm »

Hey C'mon guys!!!! Surely someone must have a pic or a cutaway drawing!!!!!!????
GTAm
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

I looked through my 'cardisc' and no pics in GTV6 or Milano. Strange problem you have...

As you probably know, the GTV6 shaft is two piece with three rubber flex joints. The main support bearing is located about mid-way and held to the tunnel by two nuts to two studs. It is deep to the exhaust and heat shield. Pic of main bearing support below. Big round part is closer to the ground. Of course, you need the bearing, clips , and dirt slingers... all found at International Auto Parts Alfa.

My car is not conviently located at the moment otherwise I would show pics of it...

I want to know if your driveshaft system has held up better than the original. Do you have universal joints or flex joints? Do you have pics?
Attachments
15127000w.jpg
15127000w.jpg (15.72 KiB) Viewed 4848 times
tmundy
Silver
Silver

Post by tmundy »

Not sure if this is any help but below you will see two micro fiche slides for a GTV6 detailing the propshaft components.

[/img]
Attachments
Propshaft1.JPG
Propshaft1.JPG (56.39 KiB) Viewed 4524 times
Propshaft2.JPG
Propshaft2.JPG (88.52 KiB) Viewed 4522 times