cchan
Platinum
Platinum

Updating Drive Shaft Cross Member

Post by cchan »

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has changed the driveshaft cross member from the permanently mounted one that I think the 81-82 GTV6's have to the newer style that you can unbolt. I am thinking that it is such a hassle to deal with taking out the drive shaft according to the instruction that Mike gave us on the GTV6 forum. Just thinking a head and wanting to make my Alfa easier to service. If someone could share with me a picture of how the new one looks I would appreciate it. I know the Miliano's have the removable cross member and hope to convert if it is not too much trouble and most importantly does not effect the chasis structure.

Thanks for any assistance.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

How often do you remove the prop.?? :?

Ive thought of this,but decided against it..
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

Post by cchan »

Hi Barry,

I have only done this one time so far. I am thinking that I may have to deal with this for the set up on the new engine, drive train, transaxle for the balance. Therefore, I feel that I may have to take it out again in the near future if there if vibration.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

The modification is a big ask but the likelyhood of the tailshaft out due to balancing problems, almost a certainty.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
TS_turbo
Gold
Gold

Post by TS_turbo »

its hard to convert to removable milano type of bridge! on my alfetta gt i cut part enought to drop propshaft and then i make bridge from U shaped steel profile ... where the holes are for bolts i put inside small pipes to not deform bridge when tighten bolts ... sory for crap explanation i hope u will understand what i mean :lol: