brookstroutr
Gold
Gold

Help - Removal of AC/Heater Blower Removal

Post by brookstroutr »

It's hotter than hell right now and the blower motor decided to lock up. I checked all the wiring and power is getting to the fan which I found it stuck. I'm having touble with the removal. I found the 'C' clips on the side of the plastic cover box and the ones on the blower motor. Neither one will completely release to remove the fan. Is the any connectors at the back of these boxes.

I need help fast on this one. I almost died on a 2 hour trip yesterday and this is my only driver at the moment.
Regards,

N. G. Brooks Robinson
'84 GTV6
'84 M635CSi
Scott in MN
Silver
Silver

Post by Scott in MN »

Yes there is a clip on the back of the box. I was in the process of removing the whole dash when I took mine out so it was easy. I don't know how to get to it otherwise.
brookstroutr
Gold
Gold

Post by brookstroutr »

Scott,

Thanks. How the hell do you service this section if you have to take the dash out? I cannot see any way possible to get to the rear of the box.

I managed to pry the blower case apart and spray some PB Blaster inside which freed up the blower - FOR NOW... I know that won't last too long as these temp things go. I'll need to finger out something to get it done right.
Regards,

N. G. Brooks Robinson
'84 GTV6
'84 M635CSi