Hippo58
Silver
Silver

Heater Fan (Blower) Resistor

Post by Hippo58 »

Hi,

I would really appreciate if someone could post a pic of the heater fan resistor pack.

I Know that it is supposed to be in the engine bay close to the coolant tank (?) My car is a 81 GTV6 RHD. I had another GTV6 (spares car) but both did not have the resistor... I phoned a used spares man (Vince UK) and he didn't know where to find it in the engine bay!

There are 3 connectrors hanging around close to the A/C bottle/reservoir on the right hand side of the car (airbox). I think these must be for the resistor.

Does a 75 have a similar resistor pack that I can trace and install in the GTV6?

I would like to keep it a little bit quieter in the cabin!

Thanks

Petros.
Petros. Transaxleista!
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

Petros,

Go to the cooling forum, under page three of the new expansion tank discussion, look at the first two pics of the new tank in my car and you can see the resistor between the tank and the firewall. It has the three wires and is shaped like a small cigar. If you need I can take a better pic of it and send it to you.

I have dealt with mine some, so if you have problems, let me know.
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

Actually looked again, and it is best shown in the third picture, you can't miss it.
Murray
Verde
Verde

Post by Murray »

Petros I'm not 100% certain but I believe earlier GTV6's had this resistor located inside the car within the enclosure where the blower motor is similar to the milano/75.Worth checking there.Take out one of the round vents and feel around inside.Good luck!
1986-GTV6
1989-75 Twinspark very sadly sold-remarkable sedan !
2014 Audi Q5 3.0l TDI - torque MONSTER
Hippo58
Silver
Silver

Post by Hippo58 »

Guys,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Sam, yes! I saw it clearly! But I surely don't have anything like that in my spares box. :(

Furthermore the wiring is on the other side as I said and I quess it is because it is a RHD? The wires are: yellow, purple and yellow-black. I checked the heater unit (still out of the car) and these wires go to the fan switch/selector.

Murray I checked again in the heater box but found nothing in there. I have a 75 from which I can take stuff. Do you think that the 75 resistor will do the job? What do I need to take off from the 75 heater box so I can reach the bloody resistor?

I think the 75 switch has 4 positions for fan speed but that will not be a problem I guess...
Petros. Transaxleista!