junglejustice
Verde
Verde

More Big Bores Here - Going To South Africa Again!

Post by junglejustice »

So, one lucky sucker here who will identify himself soon enough is expecting a marvelous 24 Valve 3.45 litre from Dawie at Glenwood Motors! Another one of our friends here is getting a fantastic 12 valve 3.45 litre torque beast from South Africa as well!

I am headed down in about a week again; if anybody here wants anything else from over there, this would be a sterling opportunity to let me know... Call 425.941.4747 or email me at john@reginaceleste.com

I will be bringing another 4 or 5 GoTechs with new wiring harnesses - some Standard, some Pro units - with me, as well as more large cast 50mm intake runners, 50mm converted intake plenums, 6 throttle body cast blocks, headers, cams etc etc...

We are building the Supercharged 3.45 24 V and 2 more big-bores as a part of this "run" so there will be two 24 valves ("in inventory" if you will), for some other happy-go-lucky Alfisti with some bucks to spend... At this stage they can be balanced for a front driver or a rear-drive application...

Cheers, JvR
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
Mericet
Gold
Gold

Post by Mericet »

I wish I was one of those guys! But then, the Alfa is not in the garage yet.

Enjoy the trip and watch out for the "tsotsi's"!
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Ha-ha tsotsis....! More like the tokolosh too! The Alfa tokoloshi.. Ha-ha...
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

John,

I almost have the parts read for me GoTech, so I may put in an order for one for my Verde, so if you are bringing a few back...
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Yeah Great - Sure Sam...

Just ask ol' Jes (AR4me) - he played around with my GoTech on the street Verde while I was driving this past weekend and really liked the navigation as well as the granularity of the adjustments to fuel and timing...

I'll bring extra ones back and ear-mark one more for you.

Also, I have a better map now for the Verde and I'll email it to you. Let's also set up a time to discuss your install before you start on the first one... (Small tricks to make things easier...)
Hamishm00
Gold
Gold

Post by Hamishm00 »

JungleB - what supercharger setup are you contemplating? what's the budget gonna be just for the Super?
Dos circos de 156 3.76L v6 cavalinhos
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

We are looking a the Magnussen M62 for the 12 valve engines and an M90 for the larger displacement and 24 valve engines...

As a side-note (and I will not identify the man unless he comes on here himself), but there is an EXTREMELY exciting motor that we just made a deal on ALSO headed for Australia!

24 valve (LS-Based) but with Largo dry-sump, custom oil-cooler etc. This is a full-race, 3.7 litre, 24 valve, 12.0:1 compression ratio, solid-lifter motor, 8000 rpm and targeting 400 to 425 naturally aspirated horses! Dawie is on fire about this puppy.

We will be using the Don Pauter " + " shaped forged steel connecting rods on this puppy.... Solid lifters from Arrows and billet cams will run about 302 to 304 degrees duration!

A beast!