Mats
Verde
Verde

Re: Build pics of my alfa gtv6, its finished! Video-25th Oct 08

Post by Mats »

Greg Gordon wrote: You can make a strap to lock down the plenum, but the rubber couplers will still tend to leak boost.

Greg Gordon,
http://www.hiperformancestore.com
Truth of the day this one, pretty much all hose joints leak to some extent. A leak test (with the engine off) usually is a sobering experience if one think ones intake system is leak free. :shock:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

The intake system is indeed hard to get airtight.
The aluminium used on the intake can even be a bit porous and let air through. I've never seen this on an Alfa but i did see it once on a Nissan. They used some special stuff and a special lamp to show the leak. the leak caused some weird problems on that engine, mostly because the ecu didn't get the right info about the amount of air entering the intake.
Drive it like you stole it...
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Great replys guys thankyou very much....

Kevin, now i know what you mean by the front coupling, its still very good, afew tiny little cracks are showing...i'm running 6psi now and treating clutch with respect...atm.

Thinking of throwing a Borg Warner box in the rear, i dont want a box up front.

Isnt it amazing the ego's you hurt with a boosted Alfa?

Here in Australia, we have a car which is very badly made, their called holden..they look bad, most people who drive them seem to have all come from the same incestral pit, like they have had all one mother, they dress the same, play similar music, and when they see a car like ours, they will start to scowl, like something isnt quite right within their bleak world, for you see, they rule the road, they are the Mad Max's of Australia, their cars built for these roads, also they must always have pole position at ANY traffic light, be the first to leave, and if the roads are wet, they will show you power by wheel spinning...its like watching a waterbed on wheels. Also they will adorn either a JIM BEAM or a Jack Lives here sticker, to show everybody their not afraid to drink alcohol....basically if there was a mass evacuation of this town, and we could only leave in a mass of holdens, i would happily cut off my legs and wave from afar! :roll: There are afew suburbs here in Melbourne, where in the Alfa i dont enjoy driving through very much....what i mentioned before, you will see every second car being a arrrrgh, i cant say it, type it, its crazy, they all copy each other, its crazy. I'd love to go around those areas with a high powered paint ball gun, with paint eating paint, and ruin every arrrgh there i go again...in sight!!

Ha ha, shit what was this thread about again..? 8)

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

"Here in Australia, we have a car which is very badly made, their called holden..they look bad, most people who drive them seem to have all come from the same incestral pit, like they have had all one mother, they dress the same, play similar music, and when they see a car like ours, they will start to scowl, like something isnt quite right within their bleak world, for you see, they rule the road, they are the Mad Max's of Australia, their cars built for these roads, also they must always have pole position at ANY traffic light, be the first to leave, and if the roads are wet, they will show you power by wheel spinning...its like watching a waterbed on wheels. Also they will adorn either a JIM BEAM or a Jack Lives here sticker, to show everybody their not afraid to drink alcohol....basically if there was a mass evacuation of this town, and we could only leave in a mass of holdens, i would happily cut off my legs and wave from afar! :roll: There are afew suburbs here in Melbourne, where in the Alfa i dont enjoy driving through very much....what i mentioned before, you will see every second car being a arrrrgh, i cant say it, type it, its crazy, they all copy each other, its crazy. I'd love to go around those areas with a high powered paint ball gun, with paint eating paint, and ruin every arrrgh there i go again...in sight!!"

So what your really saying is simply fence :wall: off Ozz and the above is applicable?? 8) :D :D
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Duk
Verde
Verde

Post by Duk »

GarthW wrote:
Thinking of throwing a Borg Warner box in the rear, i dont want a box up front.
Interesting 8)

And Garth, when you 'upgrade' to a 'real car', you too can act like a complete tool and call it being Australian :roll:
Just don't forget to also put a big Holden sticker on the car somewhere. So they can tell what it is from space :P
fortom
Gold
Gold

Post by fortom »

Bugger Garth, that sickness has spread to New Zealand. The aaarrrgh cars :twisted: and drivers :evil: just as bad here...........
Tom
ferrari_f50_2
Silver
Silver

Post by ferrari_f50_2 »

i have gtv6 as a daily driver in melbourne and while pretty much many people seem to like it, there are some who act just as u say (probably depends on the area too). Let them have their holden commondores, it couldnt bother me less, they are boring boring cars. i enjoy driving my car. your car is just a beasttt :twisted:
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

i think that most of the alfa's now HAVE holden engine's over here.
the 2,2 jts engine IS an holden engine hahahaha
the brera: the same shit!
to heavy and to slow :?
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Ah you guys are far too harsh. There are plenty of good uses for Holdens around here. Let me see.. er

A good boat anchor.
Taxis
Towing a 50 metre caravan if you're a grey Nomad
Getting 30 people in one when you're off to a piss-up.
..and yeah winning races at Bathurst when you're racing against other Holdens or other cars that have the same set up as Holdens ie Falcons in what has become the travelling circus of motor sport like fake wrestling.

..yeah just way too harsh guys. Back off will yuz !! :D :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

MD!! Still laughing at that!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rz your right, Fiat surely have the money to let Alfa develop their own engines..?
But yeah shame that.

Tortem, thats bizarre, there's no stopping these freaks! :P :lol:

F50- You coming along to Spectaccolo this month..? Thanks for the kind words mate! :wink:

Duk your so right, like you would see that shit from space!!

Barry, thats cool, if only we could fence it off... :lol:
Hey Baz whats the latest..? What you building next..?

Selling 1985 GTV6.

ferrari_f50_2
Silver
Silver

Post by ferrari_f50_2 »

lol you all speak the truth :P

yep i should be there :mrgreen:
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Ok nice, well i'll see you there!

I'll be wearing a hat that says turbo by Garrett, so if anyone wants to come and say hi, there's your clue!

Oh and driving a silver gtv6 with dark charcoal wheels lol. :P :shock: :lol: 8)

Well i have to do it, i officially now proclaim this thread CLOSED!! :D

In other words the car is finished, and i will start other threads as i develop this car over the next couple of years, putting a Borg Warner box in the rear, and wait to you see the size of the stoppers i'm using for the 330mm brembo discs that are going up front... :twisted:

I'm out, this thread is finally done, i hope to see whoever at Spectaccolo, and if not, well i hope whoever is there will enjoy the day.

Thanks to all who helped out and took an interest in the build.

Kindest regards,
Garth.

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Rookie ROX
Gold
Gold

Re: Build pics of my alfa gtv6-Thread officially closed!All done

Post by Rookie ROX »

On a side note - Don't be too harsh to Alfa.

The only part of the current V6 that's Holden/GM is the block itself, everything else is designed by Alfa. I'd hardly call that a "Holden engine". They still certainly have an Alfa growl to them, veyr nice to drive.

Anyway Garth, good luck with the future, keep us updated on how it all goes!

ROCK ON
R~R
Doma75
Silver
Silver

Post by Doma75 »

The Alfa engine is assembled here in Australia then shipped overseas, I've seen it put together at holden myself with my own eyes
Be good, If you can't be good, be good at it.
lucass81
Gold
Gold

Post by lucass81 »

That V6 is 99% Chevy and 1% Alfa. As Porsches Cayenne´s V6 its a VW motor and their V8s are Audi motors. Alfa has no money to develop new motors.
84 GTV6
96 M3