Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Build pics of my alfa gtv6-Thread officially closed!All done

Post by Zamani »

Right now Alfa should focus on producing lighter cars first. Their current engine lineup, although not stellar is not as bad as the excess weight of the chassis. I'm just being realistic here because you know RWD and a new engine is not in the cards at all as their wallets are empty. But I did hear about the 159 going to get lighter parts, so there might be some hopes there.

What it needs to have now is a 159 S, just like the Brera. Stiffer suspension, lighter interior bits, lighter wheels, and about 10% more power.

They can focus on the next generation of cars later, but if they can't even do this, then you know for sure all this talk about RWD new Alfa engine is all typical Alfa BS.

I think the 159 is good, but is too consumerish for me. Unlike the 75, despite its shortcomings does have a lot of character to it.
Dr. Alban
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Re: Build pics of my alfa gtv6-Thread officially closed!All done

Post by GarthW »

Ok, well here's a later update, just finished watching(2 days ago) Jeremy Clarkson's Thriller, which is basically most of what you would normally see on Top Gear, and annoyingly there's 2 cars from the third episode of the 08 season on it, but just JC doing it, and again he bags the 8c, and this test you see why, the clunks you hear in the back of the car are disgusting, when he goes into a corner the car just starts to flap about. Sounds alright, but i think the 8c was made for idiots, its just not a drivers car...apparantley...

But he loves Alfa's, he says so in this test, and also he mentions the gtv6, how he used to own one and how it howled like a wounded animal, compared to the sound of the current 8c.

What annoyed me once about a road test JC did was when he tested the pontiac, which is made here from those yobbo's at holden and then exported. he said it was an amazing car, but could it even hold a racing line..? NO.
And you know a car cant handle for shit when all it does is makes the tyres squeal, constantly. Personally i think top gear were paid big bucks to sugar coat that car, what an overweight piece of ugly metal that thing is. :x

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.