x
Gold
Gold

MSD Ignition Upgrade

Post by x »

Hi everyone,

my latest masochistic perversity concerning GTV ownership was the installation of an MSD ignition setup.This was done mainly due to a refusal of the car to start easily when hot, something which probably had to do with the hi-compression-weak spark combo (although i had already a Bosch red coil and some copper wires installed ).
Anyway, i ended up with an MSD HVC ignition setup which is common among the NASCAR fraternity.
First impressions are 100% positive as the car now starts easily under any circumstances, idle is smoother and the mixture does not seem to come up rich and foul the plugs anymore.
In a while i think i'll have more solid results regarding the all-round behaviour of the car.
Only drawback (apart from the heat that this thing radiates) is some wacky RPM needle movement which will be fixed soon hopefully (otherwise some more masochistic scenes involving a new rpm meter will follow...)

Needless to say that without JK wiring and isnstalling the whole coil+module package, the damn thing would be a permanent decoration in my living room and as you probably know, sights like these aren't inspiring for the opposite sex...

Here are some pictures of the coil, module and the littele black box that was used as a means to avoid messing with the fuse box...

More perversions to follow...

8)

X
Attachments
0001.jpg
0001.jpg (242.59 KiB) Viewed 3590 times
0002.jpg
0002.jpg (241.58 KiB) Viewed 3588 times
0003.jpg
0003.jpg (244.83 KiB) Viewed 3590 times
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

...........the damn thing would be a permanent decoration in my living room and as you probably know, sights like these aren't inspiring for the opposite sex...
I still can't understand what's wrong with 'em. Flowers and stuff instead of Alfa parts...... :roll:
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

now if only i could figure out how to do that on the gtv6 :cry:
Needless to say that without JK wiring and isnstalling the whole coil+module package, the damn thing would be a permanent decoration in my living room and as you probably know, sights like these aren't inspiring for the opposite sex...
actualy my wife has more than once rebuilt an engine or carb in the house ...so to us anything car is decor...big worn out slicks for end tables polished valve covers for "pictures" :wink: