junglejustice
Verde
Verde

South Africa (again), Barry, TTs and so on...

Post by junglejustice »

- Got to meet ol' Barry and spend some time together these past two weeks. (Very agreeable guy) and I just wanted to take the time to say thanks to him for working things out with me.

It's hotter than all heck here now; the Ultima GTR (even with only a 3.0 TT in it while the 3.45 is being rebuilt) is the most insane piece of machine!

Twin turbos rule, Superchargers are what's coming and I can't wait to get back to Seattle so that Jes and I can install the two 3.7 litres!

Yes our brakes are heavy, no these are not "full race cars" but only modified track cars, yes they are expensive, yes this is fun, yes I'm broke, yes I may eventually just build the turbos onto the existing 3.7, no I have not lost it yet, yes I will own a GTR at some point, no it is not comfy in that cabin with two guys my and Kidgel's size...

Twin turbo gates opening up at 7 to 8K - RULES!

I'll post some pics again soon.

Cheers, JvR
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

An Ultima with a 3.0 and Twin Turbos and 8000 rpm! That sounds like a VERY exciting combination.

Glad you and Barry got everything worked out. I knew you would.

I suspect I am not the only one excited about the 3.7 liter project. Keep us posted!
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Hey John,Good to see your back...Bet your but is burning to get going with your cars...Thanks for the chats and the drinks ar Dawies place,never got to say cheers before you were off.
See you in May. You got pics of Stu Ultima to post? If not I have some hummdingers.

Barry
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Thanks Barry, yeah sorry I missed ya. Had to go - 10 week old baby waiting back home... MAN they grow on you!

I have some nice SA shots again and they include some of the TT and Ultima shots... I'll post.
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...