Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

My Dream Supercharger

Post by Greg Gordon »

Dang, my dream supercharger is now being built. Four lobe rotors with a 160 degree twist. My MP62 has 3 lobes with a 60 degree twist and I thought that was hot. This new supercharger has the adiabatic numbers of a good centrifugal or turbo or Lysholm combined with the characteristics of a Roots. Best of all it's built in 10 different sizes!

I really want one of these, hopefully they hit the aftermarket soon.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Great Greg!! any ideas about how much would this cost aftermarket?? :D
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Not yet, but I am planning on making some phone calls about this on Monday.
Doc.Alfa
Silver
Silver

Re: My Dream Supercharger

Post by Doc.Alfa »

Any news on when the R1050 is coming out??
will you recommend the r1050 or the R1320 for the 3,0 with stock piston.
I will give in the extra money later to some new piston.
Any prices on those devils and where to buy?
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi Doc.Alfa:

For aftermarket purposes, the 1320 and 1050 superchargers are not out yet. I have been told sometime early next year the 1320 will be available, and the 1050 by summer.

On a stock 3.0 either one would work well. Of course so does the older MP62.

Greg
Doc.Alfa
Silver
Silver

Post by Doc.Alfa »

Hi Greg
I am in contact an maybe buying one of our kits from a guy in Australien. its with a mp62 i think, how much different worth you think there are to feel with the TVS.
the price there is out on the TVS is not so bad! i have seen 2200$
Regards
Søren
Denmark
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

The MP62 is capable of delivering about all the horsepower I would feel comfortable with using a stock driveline. For that reason I don't see much point in spending extra to get the TVS.

Where I do see an advantage with the TVS on a transaxle Alfa is on cars with beefed up drivelines, and or very high rpm limits. I am planning on buying one, although I don't plan to make a kit for it.

Greg Gordon,
P.S. The price of the TVS alone may be $2200 (that's your number, I don't have pricing info yet) however it will cost far more to make everything needed to connect it to the engine.

Greg
Doc.Alfa
Silver
Silver

Post by Doc.Alfa »

Thanks Greg
It will be fun to try a charger on the V6 after read your book, very nice reading.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Thanks, I am glad you liked the book. I put a lot of effort into it.

Greg
darryl longley
Gold
Gold

Post by darryl longley »

Hi greg what book is this and where can I get one is it just about superchargers or is it about the gtv6 in general
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi Darryl:

Thanks for asking about my book. I will just copy and paste the description from my site:

"If you intend to build your own supercharger kit, or if you are looking to get the most out of an existing kit, this book is for you. It covers a lot of subjects, :supercharging history, types of superchargers and advantages of each, water injection in great detail, fuel injeciton, bypass and blow off valves and intercooling. It has about all the information you need to design and build your own supercharger kit. It also has charts to show pulley ratios needed for various levels of boost for 45, 62, and 90 cubic inch superchargers on various engine sizes from 1.0 to 5.0 liters. It has charts for water injection, a list of superchargers that can be found on cars at salvage yards, evil bay, etc. It has power and temperature charts for various blowers. It describes in GREAT detail the advantages of turning a smaller supercharger fast for a given level of boost as well as the advantages of a big supercharger turning slowly. This will really help you choose the right supercharger for your goals. The book is in full color, and it has lots of helpful pictures and charts."

I do cover supercharging Alfas in great detail.

The book is on my site here: http://www.hiperformancestore.com/superchargerkit.htm

Ordering info from my website is:

"Email or Call Misty for sales, order status, and general questions. misty@hiperformancestore.com

Business Hours are M-F 10:30am-6:00pm central. We do work some Saturdays.

Hi Performance Store, Inc.
Sapulpa, OK 74066
918-760-0668"
Doc.Alfa
Silver
Silver

Post by Doc.Alfa »

Any news about the TVS?
Is it the R1050 there will fit in size for the 3,0.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

No news worth reporting on this right now. For an Alfa V6 I would go with the 1320. There is not much point in using the TVS on the Alfa V6 for any applications below 300hp so I will want the extra capacity of the 1320.

Greg