Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

no, I'm not fair. not by any standard actually... :lol:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Giulietta24vTT
Gold
Gold

Post by Giulietta24vTT »

Hi Barry,
question: Will you be able to remove the DP when the engine is fixed into the car? Do you intend to place a flange(or maybe a V band thingy) at the end of that nice DP that you've tigged?
Chen S
ex Giulietta 24V Glenwood TT.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Chen,Yes,its gets a flange a bit further towards the rear.Almost where the bellhousing ends.It all comes out in one piece..
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

An update here..

Alternator is now mounted on the RHS,cam covers are done in a bronse /black clour(Dont crit it too much,remember the car is green..)

The wastegate down pipe runs under the main manifold to the main downpipe.
Attachments
DSC02550.JPG
DSC02550.JPG (148.76 KiB) Viewed 8356 times
DSC02540.JPG
DSC02540.JPG (155.93 KiB) Viewed 8358 times
DSC02552.JPG
DSC02552.JPG (147.58 KiB) Viewed 8358 times
DSC02547.JPG
DSC02547.JPG (143.53 KiB) Viewed 8358 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Barry,

Admit it, you also chose the color green for the car. :lol:

BTW, nice triggering setup you got there in place of the dissy. I'm assuming the ECU is picks up the signal from that thing?
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Zman,Hello...
Hell,I battled to find a clour that would go with the green car.No,Its actually factory green.. :wink: Believe it or not,the bronze/black actually suits the green!
Yea,Toyota 7mgte pickup for the Dicktator management system.simple. :D 8)
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

It looks nice, and I like the color. Top it all off with Green vacuum lines and it will be just right :) . Is that an extra large alternator? I thought all you South Africans used Gotech, why the Dicktator system?
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Hi Greg,
Thanks..The colour will show when I put it into the car tomorrow..Proof of the pudding and all that.

My preference on management systems.Haltech first,Dicktator second.
Anyhow,lets not get into this,Ill be burnt at the stake and all that again..
Attachments
DSC02589.JPG
DSC02589.JPG (144.08 KiB) Viewed 8251 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Z, dropped by Barry's today, this motor looks better in the metal. Gonna look great in the car. Fernando ,if you are on line your big bore motor sounds seriously healthy. Its definitaley gonna scare a lot of BM's. I went to visit B in the race car and got caught in the worst storm on the way back this evening with no closing windows,semi slicks,candles for lights,no fans but and intermittent wiper. Sure was an entertaining drive. My only consolation was my roll cage would act as a Faraday cage if I had a direct strike!
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Barry, I understand your concern. There are people out there who will defend thier favorite form of fuel injection with a nearly fanatical enthusiasm. Even on this very forum I have seen some projects nearly condemed for failure to use someone's favorite methond of engine managment. I am not one of them, I am just always curious what others are doing and why.

I plan to read about the Dicktator system as this is the first I have heard of it. Up until this point I was under the impression that you, Dawie, Domingo, and various others all lived on the same street and used the same stuff.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Greg,Very different ideas and methods amongst all of us..Its good,keeps the options open.

Dicktator is very basic.It does fuel and timing very,very accurately ,does not have a trillion bit chip or blow hot air up your ass ,but what it does do it does fantastically well. :wink:
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Hi Barry, is there a reason why you have done so many single-turbo setups instead of a twin-turbo setup?

Is it just more cost effective or does it have greater benefits than a twin-turbo setup?

Also is much power lost due to the length of the X-over pipe?

All the fabrication work looks really nice, well done.

What size turbonectics are you running?

Great how you made dump pipe with no body mods to car. :)

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

boogies go with green..... :lol:

Looks great...always a fan of turbocharging!!
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hey Bazza,
does not have a trillion bit chip or blow hot air up your ass
Can't see the Greekster goin' for it..ooh, I think he's gonna be pissed over this one. :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

GarthW wrote:Hi Barry, is there a reason why you have done so many single-turbo setups instead of a twin-turbo setup?

It's difficult to find two identical trucks to rob the turbos from. :lol:
GarthW wrote:Is it just more cost effective or does it have greater benefits than a twin-turbo setup?
See above. :twisted:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!