Post by Giulietta24vTT »

Nice wheels there mate:)
Chen S
ex Giulietta 24V Glenwood TT.
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

yep thanks for posting the pics. dunno why i was having trouble just kept on saying file was too large. anywaze those pics are old news now as the car has moved on from that stage. one day soon i will take some updated pics, but for now enjoy the development stage ones ppl.

yeh wheels are off a nissan 180 sx. good price too. just had to machine up some 12 mm spacers as the offset was wrong.
patzo_3l

3l gtv6 turbo 85'
2006 147 gta selespeed
1990 75 twinspark
1998 spider
2.0l gtv 85'
33 1.7ie
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

NICE WORK PATZO!!
does this work fine with only one turbo?
how about one row of three cylinders has free exit of exhaustgasses and the other is fairly blocked by the turbo?
i know alfa romeo combined the two exhaustpieces to one turbo on my 164 V6 TURBO 2.0is that better or just the same?
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Chen,

how much torque do you have?
I might get a clutch like mine for you. Twin disk 7.25". PM if you have interest.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

rz wrote:NICE WORK PATZO!!
does this work fine with only one turbo?
how about one row of three cylinders has free exit of exhaustgasses and the other is fairly blocked by the turbo?
i know alfa romeo combined the two exhaustpieces to one turbo on my 164 V6 TURBO 2.0is that better or just the same?
Ill doctore,The turbo is fed by al 6 cylinders..xover from the other 3 cylinders.. :wink:
terminator
Silver
Silver

Post by terminator »

Hi Guys,
Sorry for the OT question.
What sort of head gaskets do you use for
turbo application ?

Thanks
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

ye is pretty much like the 164 setup as barry said a crossover pipe connecting both banks of 3 cylinders. however i dare say that my manifold probly flows a little better then the standard type. the project is not quite finished yet so cannot give any power or torque figures. whatever they r they should be more then enough as the car is fully stripped and lightened should weigh in the 1000-1100kg mark. i also still have the short gearing with 4.1 lsd i used to run in another car. i dare say that i will have to play with the gear ratios a little but none of that stuff is a big deal for me and ill just play it by hear and run the thing and start to figure out what the shortcomings are, if any.
patzo_3l

3l gtv6 turbo 85'
2006 147 gta selespeed
1990 75 twinspark
1998 spider
2.0l gtv 85'
33 1.7ie
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Termi(Ill be back!! :wink: )...
I use a type of Cooper ring seal..now a proper Cooper ring is gas filled and will colapse when torqued down..Mine are solid and the heights and material collapse are just worked out properly...Im busy with ,what I believe is going to be ultimate headgasket seal for high boost turbos.If they can live with turbos ,they will be ok for everything else..
It incorperates Copper AND ss rings...Im testing shortly and will post the results..so far it looks awsome.

Patz,what you using??
terminator
Silver
Silver

Post by terminator »

Hi Barry,
Yes that's good news.
Pls post the results. I presume you'll
need to re-torque the gaskets after
going through some heat cycles Barry
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Please check out the "other" topic and then go to the copper gasket thing...
Ive posted there
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

quick update. made 214 rwkw on just under one bar of boost. pretty much all the turbo is good for as i originally wanted only 165rwkw but we all get greedy so the little snail was pushed to the edge of efficiency. car is super super responsive and pulls like a freight train on heat. next mod would have to be a bigger turbo and then more power but i just wana enjoy the car for now so im going to shelve that thought for a year or so id say. from a drivers point of view pushing the throttle down at any rpm range results in instant acceleration and revs just as quick as if u were free revving it in neautral. realli realli happy so far and will keep u guys posted on more progress.
patzo_3l

3l gtv6 turbo 85'
2006 147 gta selespeed
1990 75 twinspark
1998 spider
2.0l gtv 85'
33 1.7ie
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Nice one patz..now for the vid.clip huh? :wink: :D
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
jol
Silver
Silver

Post by jol »

Here's a easy resize thing, I want more pics :lol:
http://www.resize2mail.com/
The milano very sold, some day some other Alfa...
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

all in due time my friends. when i have some vids i will definately post them up.
patzo_3l

3l gtv6 turbo 85'
2006 147 gta selespeed
1990 75 twinspark
1998 spider
2.0l gtv 85'
33 1.7ie
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Yeah dude hurry the fark up!