Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Kev,yes,sounds nice and rich..not loud,burbly...see you in the morrow...
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

pancho wrote:mmm, lancia beta coupe inside, gtv6 inside. 75's not sure.

I prefer the fuel lines inside, z how many times do you wear golf shoes with spikes that will penetrate the 2" of carpet and sound insulation - not to mention the 1.5mm hard plastic casing that the fuel lines have. :)
75, inside...

About the 2" of carpet, I have actually found a screwdriver in the rear passenger footwell under the carpet when disassemblying a car. Couldn't see anything special before lifting the carpet, completely hidden. :)

I would never even think about having the fuel lines on the outside, where would you route them? In the drive shaft tunnel right next to the exhaust? :shock:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

I have found that in the pre 90's for example the japs put the lines on the outside, I had an rx7 and a TA22 celica that had them on the outside. Typically they run them under the floor pan on the other side of the car away from the exhaust in metal type piping. The europeans must put them inside ? not sure.

Mats, I love pulling apart cars and finding stuff. I pulled apart a beta coupe I bought once and found a newish pair of rayban sunglasses beind the dash. How they got there I have no idea. On golfs they put sandbags under the carpet to provide sound deadening.

Also Z they typically run fuel lines either on the side of the trans tunnel or near the sill panel. I prefer the tunnel even though heat can be any issue. The sill panel idea if fakd if you have a side impact crash.
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose