GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Damn, driveline would be twisted and diff ruined maybe? Sorry to hear Barry, looking forward to seeing it soon. :)

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

That's too bad Barry. It's a good thing it happened when driving like normal or you would have been tempted to reduce the horsepower, and there would have been more destruction when the unit failed.

I have had two pinion gears fail, and both on stock 2.5s with 1983 Gearboxes. If they had failed on a supercharged car, I would have blamed the extra horsepower. Still it's odd that I have never had a driveline failure on a forced induction car, yet had two on a stock car...

Greg
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

greg,alfa's must be drivin HARD :lol: :lol:
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Just an update here..complete new rebuilt transmission later and she has been re united with her owner..
A small detail needed attention so I drove through to his workplace to attend to it yesterday.
Dwayne says drive it quickly,there's a splutter..I get in and drive it down the road,she takes boost and a lurid slide in peak hour traffic !!
Yea,silly but its sooo enticing..
Splutter turns out to be slightly too much fuel into boost...
This car will bite you if you abuse her..

VIDEOS this weekend !!
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Hey Xenithoman,

The black Gulie...1X Turbo tooo :) saw it idling....
Dr. Alban
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Yay, video! :)
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Barry wrote:Just an update here..complete new rebuilt transmission later and she has been re united with her owner..
A small detail needed attention so I drove through to his workplace to attend to it yesterday.
Dwayne says drive it quickly,there's a splutter..I get in and drive it down the road,she takes boost and a lurid slide in peak hour traffic !!
Yea,silly but its sooo enticing..
Splutter turns out to be slightly too much fuel into boost...
This car will bite you if you abuse her..

VIDEOS this weekend !!
heheh lovely! maybe you can get Fernando to join you on that video and make a little Tête à Tête match, see if there's much of a performance difference.....

Just an idea.. :twisted:
GregoryV
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GregoryV »

Greg Gordon wrote:That's too bad Barry. It's a good thing it happened when driving like normal or you would have been tempted to reduce the horsepower, and there would have been more destruction when the unit failed.

I have had two pinion gears fail, and both on stock 2.5s with 1983 Gearboxes. If they had failed on a supercharged car, I would have blamed the extra horsepower. Still it's odd that I have never had a driveline failure on a forced induction car, yet had two on a stock car...

Greg
Now that's interesting Greg because my 83 also blew its back in the day with just 27K miles on it!

Will check back for that video ... watching Fernando's 3.6l was a hoot!

GV
20-Years-3-Motors-Later
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Re: Few pics of single turbo install-Barry

Post by GarthW »

Sorry but had to bump this thread up!! :D :D

Bazza, hows this beast coming along?

Or should i say, whats it broken now..? :P

Anyway video is way overdue, hurry the fark up!! :lol:

Like my car, its like, 6months overdue lol!! :roll:

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Garth,all is good with the motor...Dwayne,the owner drives her to work and the traffic is diabolical to say the least.
He specified a "comfort" clutch for traffic which is proving to be a ball ache..Third clutch and its not holding torque on boost.
Called him last week and prepped him for a "He Man" clutch ! The girls stuff is in the past..!
Video has not been made yet as she wont hold boost yet.
I'm hoping to do so shortly.. :mrgreen:
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

That engine must be putting out a serious amount of power if the clutch won't hold it!

Greg
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

I'm considering an "easier" turbo Greg..It comes in with such a bang this thing squats like mad and then the clutch lets go...
soon...... 8)
Carel
Silver
Silver

Post by Carel »

Well Barry this sounds like that motor is allot of fun. Should I ready myself for similar antics....Or is the turbo on his machine just so wild???
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Hey Carel..(Thanks for all the help btw...)
No,Yours will be "softer" as such..Id rather have it come on boost low down and sacrifice 100hp up top than having a ball breaker...
Makes for a more enjoyable car as well..especially at your age.. :wall: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Carel
Silver
Silver

Post by Carel »

Yes Barry you are a wise man....I would much rather have a car that I can have fun with throughout the rev range, than one that is going to cut up the tar on out prestine roads. :wink:

Ag and you know us ould ballies get our kicks the old fasioned way. Bikes, skydiving and young ladies...