pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

And rightly so Greg, no business man in his right mind gives away the tricks of their products for free !
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose
DaveH
Gold
Gold

Post by DaveH »

Greg, I saw this really interesting SC intake manifold recently...
Attachments
Super8.JPG
Super8.JPG (135.33 KiB) Viewed 9649 times
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

That's fantastic. No intercooler but the finned alloy pipes probably help reduced intake air temps slightly. I wish my project could support that level of fabrication!

Greg Gordon www.oldebottles.com/italiancars.htm
DaveH
Gold
Gold

Post by DaveH »

It's belonging to an Alfa 8C 2900. There were several of them at Amelia Concours at the weekend. You should have seen the ones from the 40's that were GP racer chassis/motor, but with coachwork by the likes of Touring. Incredibly beautiful!

OK...I'd better stop; I'm in danger of thread hijacking.
Attachments
SoBeautiful.JPG
SoBeautiful.JPG (152.4 KiB) Viewed 9634 times
Tourer.JPG
Tourer.JPG (146.73 KiB) Viewed 9634 times
GTV6GPTT
Gold
Gold

Post by GTV6GPTT »

thats 1 rare car...

ahah forget a intercooler it probally runs 4:1 compression
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

hi greg, long time no speak eh. just curious to hear your thoughts on a straight 6, 4 litre engine running on straight l.p.g gas and considering supercharging. dunno if u are familiar with this concept, however i am trying to gain as many different opinions on this possible project of an aquantaince of mine. wat he has already is a straight gas throttle body and many different people have suggested different theories in regards to running the supercharger b4 or after it. some say it shoul be set up simply like a draw through carby set-up, while some say otherwise. wat everybody agress upon though is the fact that a supercharger is not needed due to the use of straight l/p/g gas. basically i just want u to throw a few ideas my way here.
patzo_3l

3l gtv6 turbo 85'
2006 147 gta selespeed
1990 75 twinspark
1998 spider
2.0l gtv 85'
33 1.7ie
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

typo error there mate.. i meant an intercooler not needed. lol
patzo_3l

3l gtv6 turbo 85'
2006 147 gta selespeed
1990 75 twinspark
1998 spider
2.0l gtv 85'
33 1.7ie
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi Patzo, I wish I could help with that but I have Zero experiece with LPG fueled cars.

As a general rule it's better to have the supercharger suck through the throttle body. Every OEM supercharger set up in production does it this way and every Magnuson kit (probably the best supercharger kits out there) does it this way. So I would suspect that's how to do it with LPG too.

Just like Turbos superchargers like intercoolers, and they really like liquid to air intercoolers so it's best if you can use one. I would imagine this is true with any fuel.

Good luck, this could be a tough one!
Greg Gordon
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Dave c,You are a very privilidged man to have been able to see so many great Alfa Romeo`s at the same time.....These cars are what made Alfa so great over the years..Sad ,by the looks of it, that the 8c 2900 is over restored in typical American fashion...

We have a great number of veteran and vintage Alfa`s in S.A.Some in original unrestored condition.The rarest would probably be the Zagato 1750 and the 8c 2900 Superleggeria coupe.Some wonderfull original 116gta 1300 and gta am 2000 as well..

Any one in Australia know if Ross Flewell-Smith still has his AlfA G3??

Barry
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
MD
Verde
Verde

Performance

Post by MD »

Hi Baz,

Sorry to say Ross has passed away. Don't know what happened to his estate. If you really want to know, I could do some research for you.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Hi Dave
Those are great pics you posted. If you have more from that show can you put them up on a new thread as we rarely get to see such a collection of priceless Alfa Romeos in one gathering. Thanks. If they are up already on another thread let me know.
DaveH
Gold
Gold

Post by DaveH »

Allright, help me find a site to post these on. There's no doubt the pics we took were incredible. Any fool with a point and shoot could have done a good job at Amelia. There was a stunning collection of cars on show. I don't ever think I'll see such a gathering again....

So....help me out here: where do I find a site that will let me post pix for free?
Attachments
DSCF0166 30%.JPG
DSCF0166 30%.JPG (87.69 KiB) Viewed 9089 times
DSCF0191 30%.JPG
DSCF0191 30%.JPG (91.24 KiB) Viewed 9087 times
DaveH
Gold
Gold

Post by DaveH »

Well, Greg, I've well and truly hijacked this post. I apologise for this.

As soon as someone can point me towards a photo posting site, I'll depart...

Promise.

TZ-2 (my fav Alfa) and Seinfeld's 1949 Porsche (oldest in existence) attached.
Attachments
s.JPG
s.JPG (66.47 KiB) Viewed 9080 times
TZ-2 30%.JPG
TZ-2 30%.JPG (95.95 KiB) Viewed 9080 times
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Well, you could have started a new thread... :P
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Peter A
Silver
Silver

More Kits More Kits

Post by Peter A »

Greg - so when are you going to make more kits? That's a great service you are doing for us.

My car is still in the body shop but making good progress (can't say so much for the Maratona donor). So I'll want to drive it for a while and maybe upgrade next winter? The supercharger kit is great since I have a very tight, low mileage 3.0 (S cams, headers, S pistons) that I'd like not to take apart...I guess the S pistons might be an issue so I'd have to run lower boost maybe with the water injection.

When you are ready...

[/img]