Alfasown
Silver
Silver

82 gtv 6 balocco se #53

Post by Alfasown »

i was inspired by the callaway twin turbo only i want to do a 3 liter twin turbo. i have done the math and found the turbo's i think would be good for the flow. I am currently looking for a good fuel management system to piggy back. any suggestion?

Thanks,
Robert
A.F.L.A.
Always Looking For Another
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Throw the L-Jet in a shallow grave and bury it.
THEN think about what to add. ;)

Talk to the tuner that is going to do the tweaking/setting up and look at his recommendations.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Alfasown
Silver
Silver

Yeah =(

Post by Alfasown »

I am a avid alfa nut and have worked with my 164 for about 7 years recently rebuilt 2 2.5 liters one gtv 6 and a milano. my problem is figuring out the fuel management. i dont have a shop doing the modification i decided that id do it javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
Laughing
A.F.L.A.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

There are plenty of good inexpensive options for fuel managment. In no special order: Gotech, Megasquirt, SDS, Autronic, and probably at least half a dozen more. Search through this forum and you will probably find all you need to know.
I don't know why you would want to bother piggy backing onto L-Jet, these new systems are self contained.
Alfasown
Silver
Silver

cool

Post by Alfasown »

Cool thanks for the info ill check out those systems. i was just talking to my father about a fuel management system and he says that the spring for the Air mass sensor can be adjusted. my problem was first once its under boost that door is going to open past the point it needs to because the suddent pressure difference. My other problem with that is the stock ecu is thinking vacuum system so its only going to give enough fuel for a vacuum density not a pressure density if that makes sense. I dont know about these situation i have no previous turbo experience javascript:emoticon(':D')
Very Happy:D
A.F.L.A.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I agree with your father about the spring in the AFM, however there are some very sharp people who don't. In any case the AFM will work just fine under boost, although it's somewhat of a restriction.

The aftermarket systems eliminate the restrictive AFM, provide more accurate fuel delivery and are a lot easier to tune. With the cost of parts for L-Jet, and the difficulty in getting hi flow injectors that work with L-Jet it's difficult to justify keeping it for forced induction.

That's not to say it can't be done. Both my supercharged 2.5 and my dad's supercharged 3.0 run L-Jet , the cars are quick and reliable. It's just that they would be even better with something more modern. That's a project for another day.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Is another day tomorrow? :)
DaveH
Gold
Gold

Post by DaveH »

:shock: Greg is going to ditch L-Jet :shock:
PaulyCC
Silver
Silver

Post by PaulyCC »

Pure #s, stock 2.5, dropping the L-jet and afm, going to Go-Tech.. How many HP's?
Dont yell at me about too many variables, hah, im just curious about the #'s.
Alfasown
Silver
Silver

like 375

Post by Alfasown »

im looking to get about 375 hp from this system although i just talked to my father who says hes going to build a supercharger for it to do the same numbers for way less so i said heres the check. javascript:emoticon(':D')
Very Happy
A.F.L.A.