John in Denver
Silver
Silver

Supercharger Installed Reviews!!

Post by John in Denver »

As I see from Greg's website that the entire 1st batch of his supercharger is now 'sold out', can we get some comments from those who have purchased and installed them ?? For example, ease of installation, clarity of instructions that Greg provided, unforseen difficulties, post installation performance, general level of satisfaction, suggestions for possible improvements etc etc. :?: :?
John in Denver
Silver
Silver

Post by John in Denver »

What? No comments??
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

John, give it some time. The first complete production kit reached it's owner in Europe just yesterday.

The buyer, who is an actual mechanic did find a few small problems with the instructions. These related to automotive terms not translating well into other languages. You know, it's the old hood is a roof and bonnet is a hood issue.

I also failed to write instructions for the windshield washer kit which includes a new motor and other parts. I didn't think I needed to since the kit comes with its own instructions but I guess I should write my own version.

There may be a trouble spot relating to vacuum lines. My instructions assume a U.S. spec car and it seems that the Euro 75 3.0 MAY not have a vapor cannister. I don't know for sure yet. In any case I will work that out.

Greg Gordon www.oldebottles.com/italiancars.htm
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Greg,surely the type of person purchasing your kit has a half decent knowledge of mechanics and should be able to work around small litle things as youv`e mentioned above.Try fitting something to a Nissan gtr that comes from Japan with Japanese instructions translated in to English.!!A total novice should realy not be getting into fitting a charger to his car without some technical backup.Be it a manual or a mechanic......

A vapour canistor and the guy is sort of stumped??
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Barry, this guy is quite smart, he could probably put the kit on with no instructions at all. However I asked him to use the instructions to help pinpoint any possible trouble spots.

While technically a bolt on product it does require some knowledge to install. It's comparable in difficulty to a timing belt change.
MerrilGordon
Gold
Gold

Post by MerrilGordon »

Ok, it's Tuesday afternoon. That guy done with the installation yet already? ;-)
(Just kidding)
Merril
82 GTV6 3.0
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Aah,Got you Greg-Good idea to use feedback to improve the 'PRODUCT'
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
John in Denver
Silver
Silver

Post by John in Denver »

OK, I guess I'm just too eager for news. Is it too early to ask when you think you might have the next batch ready for distribution, Greg? :lol:
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

John, I am eager too. I have to finish up the current batch and get them shipped out. Then I will think about what to do next. I may make a 164 intake system before the next batch of superchargers. It seems there is a need for that right now.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Cool. Maybe it will fit my 155 V6.
81GTV6
Gold
Gold

Post by 81GTV6 »

Sorry for trading sides, but my 164S definitly needs the GG treatment.
Jacob Ricciotti

'81 GTV6 3.0
'81 GTV6 Track car
'91 164S daily driver