Re: What sort of Alfa cars we want

Post by mjr »

:oops: Doh! I knew there was something! :lol:
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Sorry i know i'm changing the subject here abit, but can anyone tell me which episode of Top Gear was the one with JK driving a gtv6...? Would have been the first or second season maybe..? :oops:

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
fortom
Gold
Gold

Post by fortom »

Garth, they did have a silver one in one of the early series but i cant re call him actually driving it.
Tom
ferrari_f50_2
Silver
Silver

Post by ferrari_f50_2 »

theres a dvd called "Jeremy Clarkson Unleashed on cars" from 1996. Theres about a 30 second clip showing the GTV6 and saying how it was his favourite sounding engine.
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Aha, thats all! Cheers F50!!! You boosted that gtv6 yet...? :twisted:

Selling 1985 GTV6.

ferrari_f50_2
Silver
Silver

Post by ferrari_f50_2 »

hehe not yet....its on the to do list :mrgreen:
Bruce
Gold
Gold

Post by Bruce »

A proper Alfa Spider, similar in concept to the Mazda MX-5 (Miata), must have an automatic option (for the wife).
Duk
Verde
Verde

Post by Duk »

Bruce wrote:A proper Alfa Spider, similar in concept to the Mazda MX-5 (Miata), must have an automatic option (for the wife).
:? You're either an antagonist or you're seriously missing the point...........
Bruce
Gold
Gold

Post by Bruce »

No, I am a realist. I want to see Alfa survive but their current cars, apart from the 159, are sh!t.
Without doubt, the Mazda MX-5 is a good driving car and similar in spirit to the old Alfa Spider, the current Spider is flabby and overweight.
Automatic? If you look around you will see mostly women driving coupes and convertibles, like Merc, BMW & Audi. You will find they are automatic, even the current Ferrari California was designed with women in mind!

What do I want? I want a car that looks like an Alfa 159 but has sophisticated rear suspension and driveline, like my Alfa 75!
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

I actually want another gtv6, oh and the new 8C.......to hang on my wall! :shock:

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Duk
Verde
Verde

Post by Duk »

Bruce wrote:No, I am a realist. I want to see Alfa survive but their current cars, apart from the 159, are sh!t.
Without doubt, the Mazda MX-5 is a good driving car and similar in spirit to the old Alfa Spider, the current Spider is flabby and overweight.
Automatic? If you look around you will see mostly women driving coupes and convertibles, like Merc, BMW & Audi. You will find they are automatic, even the current Ferrari California was designed with women in mind!

What do I want? I want a car that looks like an Alfa 159 but has sophisticated rear suspension and driveline, like my Alfa 75!
The whole concept of this fictitious thread is, in my opinion, to have a drivers car 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Creature comforts, niceties and "Look at me, my car doesn't have a roof.", come much much further down the priority list.
There are plenty of 'hairdresser' cars out in the market already. Yes the MX5 is an excellent car (from all accounts) but a Lotus Exige is a 'real' petrol heads car and this is (in my opinion) the type of car the should have the Alfa Romeo badge firmly affixed to it.
As you have stated, Ferrari are attempting to cater for those who aren't exactly in it for the thrill of driving a car on a track or deserted back road.
Automatic Pagani Zonda maybe :P

Rude, crude (well actually, well engineered and lightweight) driving thrills at an affordable price.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Rude, crude (well actually, well engineered and lightweight) driving thrills at an affordable price.
Dukman, we gotta have a Guiness together soon. Guys on the same wavelength are just too rare to come by !

People who have been raised on power steering, power brakes, abs, electric windows, 140 dBA hi-fi, gps, dvd, intermittent wipers, electric seat warmers, noise insulation to hearing threshold, climate control,cruise control and other lard arse comforts just dont' get it.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
darryl longley
Gold
Gold

Post by darryl longley »

I think alfa should take a leaf out of nissans book.Ive had gtv6 for years and the most up to date reincarnation in the true transaxle theme has to be the new gtr
darryl longley
Gold
Gold

Post by darryl longley »

here is a picture
Attachments
gtr.jpg
gtr.jpg (42.8 KiB) Viewed 6064 times