Verde

Post by Micke »

Here you got the perfect rim to match them things:

http://www.isnichwahr.de/redirect19057.html
MALDI
Platinum
Platinum

Post by MALDI »

Barry wrote:Put cold air ducts to the caliper and center of disc!
Hey Barry, what's your design for cooling ducts to the rear brakes? Do you come from the top with long tubes through the rear windows, or do you come from below with scoops that ride in the air flow below the car? I have heard that the latter will scoop up a lot of crap from the track and deposit it on your brakes. Unclear if this decreases braking ability or just makes things messy to work on.
'84 GTV6 3.0L
'81 X1/9
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

I use tubes from the sides.

BTW, if you have the OE non vented disks you don't direct the air at the center but preferably from the front over both sides and the calliper.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Guys, I would not be so critical so fast on an idea that has some merrit in principle. What do we have here really? It is just a heat sink. A means of increasing the surface area of the pad backing plate. In doing so it will increase heat dissipation by convection and radiation. Great idea !

Instead of it being placed vertically above the caliper to take up wheel clearance, it could be increased in its size horizontally and "wrapped " around the shape of the wheel thereby producing no material clearance issues at all.

Combine this with good air ducting and you have yet one more thing that contributes to all the other known improvement techniques.

Ooooh yeah!

The cooling ducts in the photos are off a Volvo but adaptable to our cars with appropraite mods of course.
Attachments
Front Brake Air Vent Mounts.jpg
Front Brake Air Vent Mounts.jpg (36.22 KiB) Viewed 4164 times
Front Brake Air Vents.jpg
Front Brake Air Vents.jpg (45.09 KiB) Viewed 4165 times
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse