Any and all Alfa Romeo Car advertisements (complete cars).
konrads
Silver
Silver

Two GTV6 3.0 - South Africa

Post by konrads »

I have one red GTV6 3.0 race car that is registered in my name with the license up to date:
It has a original 3.0 litre carb motor. (I've recently sourced a spare set of carbs as well)
Race seat and roll cage fitted.
Fibre class doors and boot lid fitted- original doors also included.
Coil over shocks and thick anti roll-bar up front. (Thicker torsion bar fitted as well) Rear have stiffer springs fitted.
The Gear box and clutch is from an alfa 75. It is a limited slip diff unit and the bigger single plate clutch.
The brakes up front are six pot callipers (veri racing) made to fit under 15" compomotive split rims.
At the back there are ventilated inboard disks.
For the road I have a set of 16" momo mags fitted with road tyres.
For the the track I have 8 15" compomotive split rims fitted with bridgestone semi slicks.

I also have all pieces to assemble a second GTV6 3.0 litre and still have lots of spares left:

Alfa 75 12V 3.0 motor rebuilt with new sleeves and new pistons assembled by Alpine developments.
All the rubber hoses and radiator, new cooling fan to fit the motor.
Motronic MFI and all fuel injection pieces that that came with Alfa 75 as well as a Gotech MFI.
High performance Exhaust manifolds for a 12v 3.0litre.
White original GTV6 3.0 litre body with black pin stripe interior and long dash - this was bought from AK components.
Apart from the wheel arches that were bent to fit 17" wheels this body and trim is in pristine condition. It is currently sitting on GTV5 15" wheels with spare.
One new Limited slip diff gearbox with short ratios 10:43 that have been completely overhauled. (bought from Kevin)
One non LS gearbox and twin plate clutch that used to be fitted the my red race car. Ratios are longer than standard GTV6 but not as long as the 75 ratios.
One alfetta 159 gearbox and clutch - condition unknown.
Alfa 75 CVs and 2 GTV6 drive shafts and a spare de dion axle.
Numerous Spare brake callipers and disks for front and back.
Various other Alfa pieces including lights, instruments, bumpers, trim, control arms, springs, torsion bars, drive shaft cages, new caster arm bushes, starter motors, etc.
Stainless steel exhaust back and centre box.

To get the white car running basically the following is required:
New drive shaft couplings
Exhaust down pipes with flex couplings from manifolds to centre box

It is a reluctant sell but as mentioned rather than selling individual pieces I would want to sell everything at once.
I want a 100K ZAR for it all.
Attachments
White interior
White interior
interior.jpg (111.33 KiB) Viewed 8053 times
White gtv6 body
White gtv6 body
whitegtv.jpg (245.91 KiB) Viewed 8053 times
Red Race Car
Red Race Car
Alfa_Track_Day_2012-07-14-046.jpg (139.7 KiB) Viewed 8053 times
adamgtv6
Silver
Silver

Re: Two GTV6 3.0 - South Africa

Post by adamgtv6 »

Sent you a pm
Look forward to your reply....
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Hi , I'm back in SA at moment . I will see Konrad this week but I believe he changed his mind and is not selling the cars as I think he has found some free time to go racing again . But I will find out and he will PM you .
adamgtv6
Silver
Silver

Post by adamgtv6 »

Hi Kevin,

Thanks, sorry only saw your reply now.
I don't know if you'll remember me, I had 2 x 3.0l (one red, one white), in 2003 when you got all the 3.0l together at the Alfa Concourse.
Sold the white injected one awhile back, now only have the red one with original carbs which has gone in for a respray.
I don't know much about the mechanics but carbs are flooding and may need to get another set and some type of relay switch to stop this happening- can you help?

Regards
zaheer
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Hey yes off course I remember you and your family . I will send you PM with my email address . Normally there few causes for hydraulic locking caused from carbs , starting with small o ring on on top of cabs , return fuel line kinking at pump , breather mechanism under backboard jamming as they were installed sometimes upside down . I never leave the ignition on when cars not running .
Aso check when airfilter cover is of which carbs is dripping at idle then you will have to check that needle and seat is not jamming .
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Hi guys,
I have a set of 40FRPA carbs in excellent shape if anyone is interested. I need money for the tax-man, so now I'll take 700€ + shipping. See here earlier ad: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4307&p=45222#p45222

Jim K.
konrads
Silver
Silver

Post by konrads »

Nobody seemed interrested in the whole deal and at one stage so I thought I will aseemble the white car.
But now I decided to sell off the parts piece by piece.

Below are some of the pieces so far: - much much more to follow:

http://www.gumtree.co.za/cp-replacement ... -521781115

http://www.gumtree.co.za/cp-replacement ... -521895430

http://www.gumtree.co.za/cp-replacement ... -521940581

http://www.gumtree.co.za/cp-tyres-rims- ... -521580844