Any and all Alfa Romeo Car advertisements (complete cars).
MontyM
Silver
Silver

Autocross/Track Day ready Milano in NY

Post by MontyM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... :IT&ih=010

I'm selling my Milano 2.5L.

The car is VERY well built and I have spared no expense in taking care of it over the past six years. It is one of the better prepared Milanos on the east coast. I have tracked the car as well as done a number of autocrosses always running very competitively.

It is the 1987 “Gold” (more on that below) edition and was built 6/86. I am the third owner; the car currently has 107,000 miles and is registered as a salvage title.

In the last year I have replaced the following items with NEW PARTS or had them replaced professionally:

- Timing Belt/Water Pump

- Alternator – 85amp – stock is 60amp

- Power Steering Pump

- Power Steering Rack

- Brake Lines

- O2 Sensor

- Brake Master Cylinder

- Sparkplugs / Wires

I have also added the following to the car

- Full Recaro 3.0L interior (the most comfortable seats you will ever sit in)

- Greg Gordon Intake Kit & Hose Kit (sounds awesome)!

- RS Racing 30mm Front Sway Bar (with poly bushings and heim joints)

- Front drilled rotors w/ stainless lines

- Porterfield R4S brake pads

- Rebuilt Calipers all around w/ Centerline speed-bleeders

- High temp brake fluid

- Tom Zat Alfaheaven low-temp thermostat

- Ronal 15” R7 wheels with super sticky Falken RT-615 tires (lots of tread left!)

- Koni yellow “sport” shocks

- IAP red “sport” springs

- Custom made strut brace (only one in the WORLD).

- Bodykit – Verde sideskirts and Verde spoiler kit, euro grille, hood pins and Hella 500 driving lights

- Euro headlights with wiring that will support bulbs at over 100watts

- French yellow foglights

- Fuel pump cutoff switch

- “shorter” shifter

- Poly castor rod and upper A-arm bushings

- LUSI steering wheel

- Keyless entry

- AM/FM/CD/MP3 with ipod/MP3 input cable, and new speakers.

Over the past three years I have replaced the following mechanical items with new OEM equipment:

- Wheel bearings

- Drive shaft guibos + inner bearing

- Transmission mounts and engine mounts

- Front window motors

- Wiper motor

- Power steering hoses

- Fuel pump & filter + fuel lines all over

- Oil pressure sender unit and idiot light sender unit

- All coolant hoses

- Rear muffler (ANSA)

- Headlight/wiper stalks

- Clutch slave cylinder

- Clear coolant bottle

- Fuel pressure regulator

- Constant tuneups

I also had the rear fenders re-done with new metal from IAP as well as new paint on the hood, roof, and trunk.

There was some rust in the trunk, L/F floor, and L/F rocker that was cut out and patched with new material. The stock LF “jackpoint” is no longer there, not that anyone should be using the stock jackpoints on these cars anyway. Most of us eastcoast guys use the front control arms or the dedion in the rear.

Milano’s are notorious for body roll in the corners. This 2.5L stays planted better than any Alfa I’ve ever driven (and I’ve driven lots). The 154 horses are all there and ready to scream. It burns very little oil and leaks nothing.

At this point it should be obvious the time and money I spent on this car.

What is wrong with it? The body could benefit from a respray. There is some paint flaking on the spoiler, rear bumper, and passenger A-Frame. In addition there is a small dent on the RF front fender and driver’s side door. The rear bumper accordions don’t look very pretty. There is a small rust bubble on the RF door, and RF fender. Additionally, the RR door had a rust bubble that was sanded off, so there is a small 2" "depression" at the bottom of the door that is very unnoticeable. Apart from that the car runs fantastically! The A/C works, compressor turns on, but isn’t cold!

The gearbox shifts very smoothly with lots of left life on the synchros.

The engine goes straight to redline through the gears without any hesitation and the beautiful sound of the 2.5L V6 and the brakes are there and ready to stop you very quickly. The car is a force through corners.

It has a complete Recaro interior with matching door panels. I bought a wrecked Verde just for the interior! The drivers seat was recently recovered and basically looks brand new. The passenger seat is in very good condition. The rear seats have a small amount of discoloring on the RR cushion (not too noticeable) and the door panels are perfect. The seats are the most comfortable car seats I've ever sat in! Most Milanos you see for sale with Recaros have RIPPED front seats. Not this one. Recaro material is impossible to find these days, and my front seats are in super condition!

If the big Hella lights on the front of the bumper aren’t your style, they can be easily unbolted in just a few minutes.

Other parts I have that can be bundled with the car for $: Autopower 4pt roll bar w/seatbelt bar, 16” TSW wheels, 14” stock Alfa wheels w/ new all season tires…

Included with car: small spares package (lots of odds and ends), full size spare, shop manual, owners manual, other random Alfa literature, ALL receipts from my ownership of the car.

My reserve price is FAR lower than all the dollars in parts and labor I’ve spent on this car. I am finally buying a real race car and need the room and money.

Car is located just north of NYC. If you know where the big Tappan Zee Bridge is, I’m right there. Off Saw Mill Parkway or I-87/287. Can be viewed most nights and weekends.

It is ready to go to the track, autocross, be a weekend car, or even be driven daily!

It's on eBay but I'm willing to deal and possibly end the auction early/etc..
Attachments
ce35_1.JPG
ce35_1.JPG (34.27 KiB) Viewed 2170 times
ccdd_1.JPG
ccdd_1.JPG (20.72 KiB) Viewed 2168 times