Any and all Alfa Romeo Car advertisements (complete cars).
SlewofDamascus
Gold
Gold

The '84 Maratona on Ebay SCAM BEWARE

Post by SlewofDamascus »

Folks,

In case anyone here has tried to get in on this "steal" for 2,300 dollars, the Ebay ad was cancelled by Ebay, not the buyer, who sent me this e-mail today after I made an inquiry about the vehicle:

Hello,

I'm really sorry for this late reply but I've been very busy lately and away from a computer. People think it's real funny to bid on a car and not pay for it and I have removed the auction because I had an agreement with a potential buyer. This person, which I do not know who it is has no answer to my repeated e-mails. I do not know what to do. The price that I want to obtain is $2,300. The price is considerably lower then others on the market because I need to sell it really fast. The car has all the services done at the dealership. The vehicle was never crashed. I always garaged it and serviced it, kept very good care of it!. The vehicle is currently located in San Gabriel, CA but unfortunately I am in NY planning to open a business here and I don't think I can come sooner then next month. However I can arrange for the paperwork's from here and I can talk to a shipping company to deliver the vehicle to your address.I think it's impossible to buy a vehicle for such a big amount without having an inspection first. So I had a look on eBay and I saw they could help us with this. Since the transaction worth's a lot of money they've suggested to make the deal only through eBay so that we won't have any problems.If you decide to buy all the papers are ready,just needed to be signed by you.
If you agree with my terms, I will need your name and address and I will contact eBay to inform them about our agreement and to start the program to protect us.If this is ok with you and you want me to explain how the process works,please email me and I will do that.
Thank you and I will wait for your email,
Timothy Sullivan

This has CLASSIC SCAM written all over it. Something for nothing. Not bloody likely.

David B.