Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
alffetta
Silver
Silver

Race drive line

Post by alffetta »

I was wondering if any of the Transaxle racers out there are interested in the drive line set-up I have been developing with CSracing.
we currently have a re-inforced clutch housing that were a period development for the uk BTCC racers, UJ'd propshafts that have a rubber centered twin tube section replacing the doughnuts and straight cut close ratio gear kits in both synchro and Dog.
I can only produce a few at any one time but I am trying to raise funds to restore the Ex-Jon Dooley BTCC GTV6, so if any one is interested in any of these or other racing parts please get in touch.

I'll post some pictures later if anyone shows interest :)
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Re: Race drive line

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

Sounds very interesting... But my pockets probably aren't deep enough for it. :(

You could also ask it here. It's the dutch alfaclub forum and there are quite a few racers. English will work just fine, most people over here speak/write it. :wink:

Pictures of the stuff are always nice.... :mrgreen:
Drive it like you stole it...
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Would be great to see pics . All the info around to help keep the cars racing is appreciated. You can just ask the guys to email you for prices or put the prices in the Vendor section, otherwise you might get moaned at . But please post pics .
alffetta
Silver
Silver

Post by alffetta »

here are a couple of pics. The dog box hasnt been photographed yet but I will post as soon as it has. i built a box up but stupidly didnt have a camera handy!
I do have all sorts of other racing bits so I will post some more later but please contact me if anyone want to know more.
Attachments
gears small.jpg
gears small.jpg (244.09 KiB) Viewed 10426 times
Alfa_GTV_Bell_Housing.jpg
Alfa_GTV_Bell_Housing.jpg (61.22 KiB) Viewed 10426 times
Greg_Sef
Silver
Silver

Post by Greg_Sef »

I would be interested in upgrading my driveline. The reinforced clutch housing would be a start. But there is a weakness in the rear most giubo as well. At my power level I have had no real problems with the front and middle flex discs. The rear flex disc (Giubo) is a problem in that the inner split bearing that keeps everything in radial alignment will become loose on its journal. The journal I am referring to is on the rear driveshaft section.

Once the light press on fit is gone between the split bearing and the driveshaft the driveshaft will begin to whip, shortly after the failure gets rapidly worse then the clutch cover will shatter.

I would like to see some more pictures if possible and pass on some contact info please.

Greg
1972 Berlina Vintage Race car
1974 GTV Race Car
1982 GTV6 EP Race Car
"Angelina" 1987 Milano / 75 24 Hours of LeMons Race Car (best race car of the bunch)
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

The rear flex disc (Giubo) is a problem in that the inner split bearing that keeps everything in radial alignment will become loose on its journal.
Eliminate the rubber coupling, convert the clutch input yoke to receive a plunge type constant velocity joint.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

alffetta wrote:here are a couple of pics. The dog box hasnt been photographed yet but I will post as soon as it has. i built a box up but stupidly didnt have a camera handy!
I do have all sorts of other racing bits so I will post some more later but please contact me if anyone want to know more.
Hello!! :)

Do you by any chance sell dog rings and shift collars that can be retrofitted into an otherwise stock gearbox? If you do, you have a customer for at least two sets. :D
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Mats,

Last advice from Paul Spruell in the US is that they do stock dogs but only available with the gear as well. Will not seperate.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

I'm not talking about the stock rings and sleeves but dogbox style rings and sleeves. Few but large blunt teeth instead of many small pointy ones... :wink:
Complete gearsets would be of interest too.
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
alffetta
Silver
Silver

Post by alffetta »

Sorry no retro fit dog ring kits :(

the gears are designed to be needle roller throughout so the dog ring wont fit standard gears and some of the gears are a different to standard with the gear fitting over the synchro or dog and not the synchro or dog over the gear. this allows for enough meat to allow for needle rollers.

There is a company in milan who have done a retro kit for 105 boxes but I dont know if they ever continued development.

I can supply the parts but it would cost you as much to convert your old gears as buy the new ones.

I also have some grpA 75 turbo engines if anyone is interested?
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Where are you located?
I'm interested in the straight cut dogbox kits, what are the ratios?
Prices?

Do you offer deals for multiple kit sales? :)
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
alffetta
Silver
Silver

Post by alffetta »

Pm me and I can send you more details, the ratios are the standard homologated set.

1st, 2.57 36/14 teeth
2nd, 1.94 33/17 teeth
3rd, 1.55 31/20 teeth
4th, 1.22 28/23 teeth
5th, 1.00 25/25 teeth

these are the off the shelf set but other ratios can be produced if requested. I have found these work very well with either a 10/41 or 11/43 diff depending on the engine and wheels.

The kit is needle roller throughout and i can supply friction plates for the the twinspark diff to optimise the package. The dogs are a five dog arrangement and run on standard selectors.

They are produced for me by a good competition gearbox manufacturer in the uk.

I also have suspension kits developed by CSRacing and all sorts of racing bits and bobs for the transaxle Alfa.

If anyone is interested in any GrpA 75 Turbo engines let me know I have a freind selling a few ex-works engines.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

That looks great, but what about the pinion gear? In my experience, that's what breaks.

Greg,
www.hiperformancestore.com
alffetta
Silver
Silver

Post by alffetta »

The architecture of the transaxle is what it is and ceases to be an Alfa transaxle when you change that, What I am doing is providing historically correct adaptions that were developed in period. After all these are now historic cars.
There is always a weak point and yes pinions get abused, but even if i could produce a better larger and stronger toothed hyperboid pinion, couple that with a strengthened case casting, Knowone and i repeat knowone is ever going to afford to spend the money on one.
A good prop, strengthened clutch housing and better geared engineered box will help improve power transmission and reliability. its not cheap but they are well made and if you want a transaxle alfa they are a good upgrade.
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

alffetta wrote:The architecture of the transaxle is what it is and ceases to be an Alfa transaxle when you change that, What I am doing is providing historically correct adaptions that were developed in period. After all these are now historic cars.
There is always a weak point and yes pinions get abused, but even if i could produce a better larger and stronger toothed hyperboid pinion, couple that with a strengthened case casting, Knowone and i repeat knowone is ever going to afford to spend the money on one.
A good prop, strengthened clutch housing and better geared engineered box will help improve power transmission and reliability. its not cheap but they are well made and if you want a transaxle alfa they are a good upgrade.

Couldn't agree more, it seems that attention to detail in the mounts and alignment and gearbox temperature control seem to be the keys to transaxles coping with big power as kevin's and others experience seems to show.