Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

That was great and I just thought a tyreless man in South Africa was lucky man as this would indicate he has managed to avoid our nations prefered method of informal execution (innocently termed 'necklacing')
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Went out to a new track today with mixed bunch of cars including Subu's,M3 etc. Had to push harder and found that under heavy braking the back tended to lock up. Running satndard rear brakes on back but got big AP's upfront. What should I do as this created some scary monents sharp left at end of the 1km straight. Should I stiffen front or add a bias valve. Need help! besides learning to drive properly.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

A few pics
Attachments
DSC00689small.jpg
DSC00689small.jpg (85.97 KiB) Viewed 7621 times
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

Kevin,
since it sounds like your existing set up is fairly close to being right I'd lean toward a less good rear brake pad or a bais adjuster. i'd go for what is going to be able to give you a little tweak of the system.

HTH,
Scott
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

kevin wrote:Went out to a new track today with mixed bunch of cars including Subu's,M3 etc. Had to push harder and found that under heavy braking the back tended to lock up. Running satndard rear brakes on back but got big AP's upfront. What should I do as this created some scary monents sharp left at end of the 1km straight. Should I stiffen front or add a bias valve. Need help! besides learning to drive properly.
Buy a Wilwood brake bias valve. It's an adjustable valve put in the rear circuit, I got one on my GTV and it works very well. Use it all the time.

more grip -> more front brakes
less grip (i.e. wet race) -> more rear brakes.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Thanks for info, will try it.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Kevin,Alfa Berlina pressure limiting valve,modified to be externally adjustable...BINgo! :wink:
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

I hate it. You guys are all so farking handy. Barry- why do you have to be able to modify everything?!!!!!

Kev basically puts his own car together. It stops here. Im sick of paying for everything!

I will become very handy on the GTV6 as soon as I get home!
Fixing it bit by bit....
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Hey Joolz....I got no brain,can only work with my hands mate..hehe..cheers. 8)
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Barry wrote:Kevin,Alfa Berlina pressure limiting valve,modified to be externally adjustable...BINgo! :wink:
Is that easy to fit a small turning knob or similar to? I'd expect Kevin would want that inside the car easily adjustable when driving. I find that very useful and adjust it at lieast once every time I'm at the track (more of course if the conditions change)
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Absolutely Mats.Its got a sealed screw in it at from the facrory..remove,replace with longer one with a "handle "on it and mount at the handbrake position.Ta daaa! :wink:
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

I've heard about that one but never looked into it. Guess it would be easier to just buy a ready-made product though, 105 parts are getting hard to find (at least functional ones)
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Dennis
Gold
Gold

Post by Dennis »

For on-track adjustment I prefer the lever-type instead of a knob. Takes less attention to put it into the desired setting while your driving and easy to spot if the setting you want is off. It is less accurate due to the 7 settings you can choose, but does the trick!!
'81 GTV6 3.0 QV
'91 75 TS (track)
'02 BMW 330i Touring
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Did you ever get the mountings I gave to Ron for you?
Never even had a mail from you confirming receipt.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Maybe this might be the problem of the rear end locking up-, the rear shocks only have 20mm droop in them (my opinion they are to short) so under heavy braking they are extended to their max(which is only another20mm) and this causes a 'dragging ' effect. Is this possible Mats, MD, Barry etc ?
Another question which should be under engine but as this pertains to this car I will go for it here. As this stock 2.5 engine just got a timing belt change to last a race or two I have noticed the belt wants to climb off(not for the timing covers it would be off already) as it sitting on the front of the pulleys with 4mm worn out of it already. Miracle its still on. First assumption is the bearing on the pulley(one off dizzy drive) is worn but checked it today and has zero play. The old belt did not have this problem so nothing theoretically has changed. Stumped here(like our cricket team). Any ideas ?