Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

That was quick, thanks. I found some pics of Andrews car. I guess this what seperates the serious race cars from my club car. Check this out.
Attachments
DSC00312.jpg
DSC00312.jpg (56.49 KiB) Viewed 8286 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

And another. Im wandering if this car is on the track yet Andrew ?
Attachments
DSC00309.jpg
DSC00309.jpg (65.82 KiB) Viewed 8283 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Anyway back to my flimsy cage. Md you can see if you look closely under the cages brackets, there are the 5mm plates welded. Not hard to miss that welding(the brackets are all painted white. The wheel arches have plates welded in from under the arches also with the nuts welded to the plates as in all the others. pic to follow
Attachments
IMG_2368.JPG
IMG_2368.JPG (74.89 KiB) Viewed 8282 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Digressing a bit, did some testing today and found the waterbottle severd its 25yrs . Replaced with a chev bottle. Not a great fit but does the job. Must get the correct cap for waterbottle and install the over flow bottle(regs). If anyone is going to do this(use chev bottle) in their road car make sure you dont use these high pressure caps as our heater systems cannot take it and will burst. These high pressure caps are normally 1.7 to 2 bar and our specs here on the origional cap is 0.7bar. Also found the T piece behind the engine had totally rusted closed. You can see if its blocked if you rev the motor and no water squirts into the bottle(small hose on top side of bottle).
Attachments
IMG_2367.JPG
IMG_2367.JPG (106.22 KiB) Viewed 8281 times
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Kev, Matts, everything is not what it seems first sight. Feedback from you Matts is relevant on the basis of what you see which is not enough. So I have added a couple more frames to illustrate exactly the points you expect to be there and then some..

The base of the mount is effectively a 6mm box section and it cannot collapse nor can the 16mm high tensile bolt sheer off as the base connection is restricted from any sideway movement by other components. Also not shown are other cross bracings to expressly cater for side impacts.

Yes, my half cage on this vehicle is for road use only. Hope that clears it up.
Attachments
LHS Main Hoop Connection with Cross Brace.jpg
LHS Main Hoop Connection with Cross Brace.jpg (236.86 KiB) Viewed 8281 times
Cross Brace at Hipline.jpg
Cross Brace at Hipline.jpg (238.15 KiB) Viewed 8282 times
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Thanks Md, those last pics show clearly what I was looking for. I think by the time any bolts have sheared of , most of the organs in the human body have relocated themselves anyway.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

I finally made it to the track on Saturday morning for the first race of the season. Got through scrutineering with no problems so they are no blemishes in the log book. Unfortunately I did miss free practise on Friday.
I have only done eight laps on this circuit previously and four of them were with Ron Simon so Qualifying session was a very fast learning curve. The car handled brilliantly and was very neutral. As I am running a stock standard 2.5 motor the racing proved to be a lot of fun (and close) as most of the other Alfas were all two litre light weight Bertone GTV's. There was one other GTV6 2.5 which was a lot stronger on the straights but with the RS kit I could make it all up in the corners.
Only problems was in second race, the modified water cap broke and lost lot of water but thats easy to sort out.
All in all it was well worth the effort and hopefully this motor stays together for a few more races.
Will post pics.
Building car two now with the bigbore motor. Nearly done but been a nightmare(had every possible problem with the block regarding to head bolts) Pics to come.
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Nice work Kev! :wink:

You're a tireless man!!
Fixing it bit by bit....
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

"You're a tireless man!!"

See the thing is Jules, over there in SA you cannot afford to sit on your arse cause they have hungry lions and tigers that sneak up on you to get a piece of the action but planting your arse in a race car sort of evens out the equation.

..what, you didn't know that ? Geez. I thought pilots waz smart too.

So for Kevin this is not about fun, frivolity and hot chicks that wanna massage your clutch. Hell no !! It's about survival !!

Set him straight will ya Kev ? :D
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

What a great bunch you all are....Here in Greeceland we aren't allowed to drive tireless in the track, I don't know how you people do it! Most of us use trackday tires, you should try it! Beats screwing up your rims, better cornering and braking too! :lol:
Jim K.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hey Greaseball. If you could learn to spell, you would learn some amazing things like the verb tire means fatigue,weary, exhaust, jade and dare I say, fag. Your mother warned you about dozing off in English class...

On the other hand ( in your case either hand) tyre is the big black doughnut around your rims with lots of air in it much like your cranium.

Having said that, you being Greek, I will forgive you just this once. :D :D
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Ever heard of Webster's dictionary? Or how the Engleesh language was improved ever since the limeys left the US alone, heheh! Tyre my a$$, its tire, and 280 million people agree with me! We iz more of you so we iz right! :twisted: Bull like colour and stuff and how do you clowns pronounce: lootenant, heheh! :lol:
Jim K.
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Speakin about inklis. I know this is OT but seems this is all BS anyway.

Having chosen English as the preffered language in the EU, the European Parliament has commissioned a feasibiblity study in ways of improving efficiency in communications between Government departments.

European officials have often pointed out that English spelling is unnecessarily difficult. For example: cough, plough, here, hear, bow, bough, through and thorough.

What is clearly needed is a phased program of changes to iron out these anomalies. The program would be administered by a committee of top level staff chosen by the participating nations.

In the first year, for example, the committee might suggest using "s" instead of the soft "c". Sertainly, sivil servants in all sities would resieve this news with joy. The hard "c" could then be replased by "k" sinse both letters are pronounsed alike. This would not only klear up konfusion in the minds of klerikal workers, but typewriters and keyboards kould be made with one less letter, a signifikant saving.

In the sekond year, bekause of growing enthusiasm, it will be announsed that the troublesome "ph" would henseforth be written "f". This would make words like "fotograf" twenty persent shorter in print.

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kann be expekted to reash the stage where more komplikated shanges are possible. Governments would enkourage the removal of double letters whish have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.

We would al agre that the horible mes of silent "e"s in the languag is disgrasful. Therefor, we kould drip thes and kontinu to read and writ as though nothing had hapend.

By this timeit would be four years sins the skem began and peopl would be resepti to steps sush as replasing "th" by "z". Perhaps zen ze funktion of "W" kould be taken on by "v" vitsh is, after al, half a "w".

Finaly, zu unesesary "o" kuld be dropd from words kontaining "ou". Similar arguments vud, of kors, be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

Kontinuing zis proses yer aftr yer, ve vud eventuli hav a reli sensibl riten stil. Aftr tventi yers zer vud be no mor trubls or dificultis and evrion vud fin it ezi tu understan esh ozer. Ze drems of ze EU vud finali kum tru.
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

O my god that is awesome.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Brilliant, Micke !!