Solid Crimson
Silver
Silver

ITB Conversion Alfetta GTV 2.0

Post by Solid Crimson »

Hi guys,

I am busy building a high performance NA Alfetta GTV 2.0. The head has been race prepped and has high compression pistons. I have a Gotech-MFI X and need to know which are the best throttle bodies and injectors to run. Also, is there much engineering needed to fit them? (Take into account they need to fit in place of the current Weber 40s) What kind of a power increase will I be looking at?

I have heard about 4AGE/RSi Toyota and/or Sentra Sti ones will these work? I am looking to keep the costs down...

Thanks a stack.
Attachments
Sentra Sti "Martin Bruwer ITB"
Sentra Sti "Martin Bruwer ITB"
SR20DE_ITB.jpg (61.65 KiB) Viewed 5239 times
Win or loose, I'm doing it in an Alfa!
BradGTV
Gold
Gold

Re: ITB Conversion Alfetta GTV 2.0

Post by BradGTV »

nice project, what power figures are u aiming for?
i beleive fitting itbs from another 4cyl car wouldnt be easy unless they have a very close port to port spacing, also keep in my mind the size of them, you deffinatly dont want something to small or to big ideally 45-48mm. the best option would be jenvey itb's as these bolt up in place of ur webers but these do cost a lot. so i think the suzuki gsxr 750 itb's, they require very little modification to fit them on a twinspark head, shown in good detail here: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/engine- ... odies.html .however to fit them to a nord u will space them the same as in the link, need to fabricate 4 flanges that bolt to the head, then weld some tubbing to extend from the flanges out, this needs to be same I.D as the size of the butterfly inside the itb and machine the O.D of the tubbing to have the same wall thickness as what the itb's have at the rubber mounting surface, then the itb's along with the rubber joiners will simple slide on. then comes injectors, u can use the standard injecotor mountings with your injectors, or machine bosses and weld them into the tubes comming off the head. u may need a brace to go from the itb's to engine mounts and sort out a throttle linkage system, also a map manifold if your using map sensor, fuel rail, and an airbox or use ramtubes. i will be completeing something similar on nord aswell, this is how 'I' would do it. hope this helps
there is also this thread: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/engine- ... quirt.html but its a factory efi engine, urs is carby so need to do a bit more fabrication.
cheers, brad
79 GTV (sr20) 83 GTV (TS) 85 GTV, 76 GT, 84 GTV6, 91 164, 88 75 TS & 89 75 TS