bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Post by bteoh »

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is using the optional output (blue/black wire) on their MFI-Pro to switch on the fuel pump. I am looking at how to wire up the relay for the fuel pump. Tried to message GoTech but have not had any response so far. Should there be a voltage reading from the blue/black wire? Would appreciate any help on this. Thanks
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

Not sure about the pro, but I think it is a ground switch, so you won't have voltage coming from it, just a ground switch.
bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Post by bteoh »

Thanks Sam,

That was what I was after. I still can't explain why the engine shuts off a few seconds after starting. The relay for previous AFM has been disconnected and separate relays used for fuel pump and ecu. Haven't tried changing the settings on F5, fuel pump output to -600. Not sure what the default setting is as I haven't got access to the car yet. Disappointed not to get any response from GoTech on this....
bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Post by bteoh »

Managed to get the fuel pump switch working. Set Fuel Pump output to -400 on F5 screen. However, I read in a previous posting to set it to -600 but -400 is as far down as I can go. Previous figure was 4183. What does this mean? Hope someone knows something about this. Thanks.
Cheers
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

That should be the engine RPM at which the Fuel Pump is turned on, I think I have mine set at 100 or 200 rpm, that way the pump is not running when the engine is turned off but the key is on. I have a Pro, but I have not installed it, so most of my experience is from my GoTech standard install.