Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

SuperRedVerde SDS injection first start

Post by Greg Gordon »

Amazingly the SuperRedVerde project car started up on its first try. It seems the map from SDS and the fact that it pressurizes the fuel injectors by blipping the pump when you turn on the key cause an incredible near instant first start!

Here is the video: http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b129/ ... I_0278.flv

Now before we get into noise, it's loud because the hood is open and it jumped right up to 2000 rpm. Plus it's bypass valve and water injection holes are wide open because those things have not been installed so noise comes right out.
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

Nice job! You'll be stoked with that. Cant wait till the next vid. Inspiring stuff. 8)
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Greg,nice job!

Looking at this car,my long snout s/c is going to be a problem..

What is the price of the SDS system as used on the Verde?

Love your pronunciation of Ver DAY.. :D
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

How else would you pronouce it? It's always interesting to hear people on the other side of the planet speak. I thought that long nose would be a problem. They can be shortened. I know Embree machine does it all the time.

The complete SDS system as used on this car was just a tick under $1600. The base price is around $1200 but this set up required some minor upgrades like a higher boost map sensor etc. It comes with a wiring harness, all sensors, throttle position switch, n.a. map sensor, hand held tuner etc. Actually it has two tuners. One is just a big know that richens or leans the entire fuel curve for quick and dirty adjustments. The second is a "programmer" with a LCD screen from which all the variables can be configured.

What I really like is that SDS uses tiny round magnets to sense crank position. It's quite easy to drill small holes in the supercharger's drive pulley and insert the magnets. Making a toothed wheel for the stock crank pulley is more of a problem. Now making all the brackets to hold everything, like the crank position sensor took a lot of time.
shures
Gold
Gold

SuperVerde

Post by shures »

Greg,

I really like the routing of the intake plumbing. I've been watching your progress over the last few years and it occured to me that it would be most efficient to have the air intake on the same side as the supercharger. Maybe one of these days business will be good enough for me to buy one of your systems.
Scott Shure
Ellicott City, Md
85 GTV-6
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

It allways apeared to me as "Vurd". Like Fush and Chups. We're isolated here. :lol:
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

haha
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

when speaking italian u must rememebr to rool the R's.

veRRRde.

lol
patzo_3l

3l gtv6 turbo 85'
2006 147 gta selespeed
1990 75 twinspark
1998 spider
2.0l gtv 85'
33 1.7ie
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Well, nearly everyone here in the U.S.A. says it about the same way I do. As we are the only ones that actually have Milano Verdes I sort of think that makes our pronunciation correct...if there is such a thing as correct pronunciation.

Shures, the intake plumbing on my other projects is routed to the passenger side because that's where the AFM is. As this car doesn't have an AFM I routed it in the most efficient way I could without having to make a hole in the car. The cold air box get air from the high pressure area under the headlight.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

patzo_3l wrote:when speaking italian u must rememebr to rool the R's.

veRRRde.

lol
Patz.Io non parlo Italiano,but yes,thats the way I say it...It was just cool hearing the Gregster and his VERDAY....

Greg,Question,you saw the score mark or two on my charger,and that was with the oem Jaguar air filters...
Im concerned as to the CONE type you used??
We did a Porche for the ........mmmmmmmmmm........damn,I cannot remember the city now...something to Beijing Classic Rally...By the time the car hit Australia,the engine was pretty fubared....It all came down to the K&N we used..It was actually sent to K&N in the states for comment...

LONDON!!!!!!!!!How could I forget???? :oops: :oops:

The reply was we should have cleaned it more often....
Are you happy in using the filter you have?
Im curious as I nowrealize the death of a charger is dirty air....
Last edited by Barry on Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Interesting point Barry.

If you look on the net you will see a test done on 3 filters:

HKS Blitz, K&N and Apexi. The HKS was virtually useless when it came to filtering dirt. K&N came out 2nd and Apexi was pretty good.

I'm using AFE filter, but it's on a car which sees about 2000 miles a year or so. But I'm worried about bore scoring due to the lack of filtering capability.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

OK, this will be a long post.

Dirt getting through the filter will cause scratches on the rotors and casing. Of course this also helps make sure nothing big gets into the motor. This is far from being the death of a supercharger as the rotors and casing can be recoated. The factory coating is just powerder coating. I recently had my rotors recoated for performance reasons by Embree machine. I don't know what they use as it's a secret and they have a patent for it. The big deal about thier coating is they can vary the thickness when it's applied to tighten the clearances to the minimum spec throughout the whole rotor/casing section. This results in more boost, and cooler temps. My point here is that a supercharger that has scratches can be not only brought back to new specs but improved.

The true death of a Roots blower will be caused by either a large foreign object or bearing failure allowing the rotors to hit the casing.

I will have to email you my filter information. They guy who makes my filters would be very upset to hear you mention K&N. Over 100,000 miles when I lived on a dirt road, and over 190,000 total miles now with my filter and I am quite happy with its filtering ability. Of course I clean it with every oil change.

Barry, your email is not in your profile. Send me one so I can fire it back at you greg at hiperformancestore dot com
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Fixed! :D :D

Barry(at)vodamail.co.za