matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

[quote="Mats"]That turbo is absolutely the worst I've ever seen (besides my own which broke the turbine shaft at speed).quote]
Yep defineatly to the point there Mats :lol: but least these ones arent too expensive.
That turbo must have let go with a bang, did it hold together with bits going down the exhaust or send metal into the engine bay?

I'll still try and clean the turbine in the mean time and figure out my next move

thanks matt
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

The shaft broke in the friction weld right by the turbine wheel so luckily the intake side was intact. The turbine wheel wasn't that lucky though...
It did produce some smoke too. ;)
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Hope this one's up to standard Mats :D
note turbodelta hot section :D
I've got one more day at work then holidays so i'll be getting stuck into this project
I got a 75 intercooler too off the guy with the turbo i think i'll have to use with some modification as summer is approaching here.........

Thanks Matt
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Ok here is some progress but i've got a lot more questions........HELP :D
I'm not going to use the intercooler yet just the standard airbox but i think later getting the intercooler sealed up and used as a water to air one will be good, but thats later......now
turbo fittings oil feed
oil return (still has to be cripped for right position)

this is the state of my engine bay atm....

Now the questions and i'm still a bit unsure about the fuel system, because i need to have a return line to the tank but the regulator i have only has an inlet,outlet and boost reference port. If i need a return line it should be from the reg' right? If not i thought maybe the return is from the carbies(like a fuel inj sys) but the photo's i've got of two turbodeltas they don't have a return from the carbies and have the same reg' as me??

also have ordered new big end bearings.....

Thanks Matt

Am i the only one working on my engine atm?
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Here's a couple more progress pics, i swear now any project plans including budget/time need to be doubled to be realistic! :twisted:
oil feed T join with oil press sender
exhaust/turbo 'mock' up to posn oil return to sump