Anything that does not fit into other topics.
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

The Human Element;

Post by junglejustice »

A recent (very unpleasant) exchange with another member here, made me think to send him a picture under private cover of my 8-month-old daughter along with some kind words - sort of as a peace-offering if you will – thus including him in a very private and important part of "my" world and taking that “human” step toward him....

He responded by first insulting me under private email cover in the most disgusting way, then rejecting the "reach", finally mocking the gesture here publicly, and ultimately referring to this beautiful part of my life that I chose to share with him as "...some little rat-faced kid…” I found his post to be vile, insensitive, and typical of him and chose not to engage him any further. (The full scope of his mind can be viewed here: http://www.alfagtv6.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=426&start=90

Any way, instead, I thought that I would start this thread and post a picture of my "little rat-faced kid” to encourage others here to do the same! Common! Forget the whole privacy-don’t want to get lawyer’ed-politically correct-oh-no, what if somebody stalks me-protectionist outer-shell and indulge me for a moment. I hope that others here would join me in sharing that little personal part of their lives, with those of us who care....

The more I think about it; often times we do take this hobby pretty seriously, (we talk all day with one-another), but most of us don’t even know what the other person looks like that just got us so worked up - does he have a family – just like me, does he put on his pants one leg at a time – just like me and so forth…?

I would like to see pictures of members, couples, spouses, families, dogs, homes - anything with the human element ingrained in it! (And yes, especially pictures of little rat-faced kids…!)

Cheers, John van Rensburg
Attachments
DSC01481.jpg
DSC01481.jpg (56.88 KiB) Viewed 10029 times
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

OK,

No family pictures, cause no family, I spend too much time in the garage working on my toys, and when I am not there, I am out enjoying what I work on... This was my first rebuild project, $500 in someone's back yard half taken apart with all the spares stored under a pick-up truck camper shell in the yard. For all those in the US, I bought it from a Waffle House waitress's husband!
Attachments
The Old Wing on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
The Old Wing on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Smoking.JPG (165.79 KiB) Viewed 10014 times
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

here's a picture of my son!
he's 23 month old and crazy about my car.
already an alfa freak
Attachments
maximiliaan 003.jpg
maximiliaan 003.jpg (230.69 KiB) Viewed 9999 times
tectoteam
Gold
Gold

Post by tectoteam »

I'm not yet father, also, i'm not so old in fact, i'm just waiting the good date.

but if Brian cannot understand that it makes you happy; had children and you want to communicate this enthoutsiat and happyness, this is just distressing...

you want to figth with words, do it, but never go far waway.
i hope that anybody knows that; this is the first that lose self control -> who lose.

in this case, perhaps Brian had a problem with you or you have a problem with him, BUT ! insults means that brian dont know any other form of intelligence for speaking and explain is thinking form.
2 stroke addict
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

My son - about 1 year ago, he is now closing in on 3 years. Crazy about Alfas - my milano is still his favorite and preferred car when we go for a spin. We build race tracks with Lego, and he races his Alfa around the track.

Jes
Attachments
jonas.JPG
jonas.JPG (41.06 KiB) Viewed 9979 times
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Thanks tectoteam

Cool kid Jes - In all this time working together on the 3.7s, I never saw a pic of Jonas (or of Judy...)

He must look like her! (Ha-ha...)

rz - Cool kid and car!

Sam, always loved the old GoldWings
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

My 2year old son

Next one is with my 164S
Attachments
with my stock 164S
with my stock 164S
ali_164s_small.jpg (79.27 KiB) Viewed 9766 times
with Grandma's Squadra Tuned & S-cammed 164 3.0
with Grandma's Squadra Tuned & S-cammed 164 3.0
ali_164.jpg (51.8 KiB) Viewed 9925 times
Last edited by Zamani on Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

This is a great thread. I need to get out the digital camera myself.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

This first picture is my dad working on a Verde Head. The tool bench has holes drilled in it so we can bolt V6 heads right to it. That sure makes things easy!
Attachments
dadheadwork.JPG
dadheadwork.JPG (134.29 KiB) Viewed 9869 times
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Here is my wife in the garage packing stuff up. She is pretty good at driving Alfa transaxle cars.
Attachments
Mistypacking.JPG
Mistypacking.JPG (82.22 KiB) Viewed 9864 times
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Here is my 16 year old daughter. She drives her own GTV6 and makes all the hose kits we sell. She also does light automotive work like oil changes, intake installations etc. She has been riding in my GTV6 since she was 7 and she has always really liked it. I should point out she was trying to stop me from taking this photo, hence the "get away dad expression".
Attachments
DianaFunkyChick.jpg
DianaFunkyChick.jpg (59.68 KiB) Viewed 9857 times
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Here is my 14 year old son making an Milano intake bracket.
Attachments
Jordanmakingbracket.JPG
Jordanmakingbracket.JPG (58.67 KiB) Viewed 9855 times
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

This little one is my 4 year old Isaac. Isaac has Down's syndrome which which means he does everything a little slower then you would see with a normal kid. However we are really lucky that he doesn't have the defects or disabilities normaly associated with Down's. He is a big Alfa fan and trys to get us to take an Alfa every time we drive somewhere. He especailly loves my little girl's GTV6 because it's really loud.
Attachments
issacmonster.JPG
issacmonster.JPG (54.88 KiB) Viewed 9847 times
MerrilGordon
Gold
Gold

Post by MerrilGordon »

So Greg,
What additional Alfa do you (or your son) have lined up for when he turn's driving age ;-)
Merril
82 GTV6 3.0
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Whatever he buys for himself! My older son Jordan likes Z cars, 2nd generation Eclipes/Talons, Mustangs, and Supras so I don't think he will get an Alfa.

As for Isaac, well I have never seen someone with Down's drive a car so I don't know. Then again he goes to school with normal kids which is pretty unusual.