Anything that does not fit into other topics.
kevin
Verde
Verde

GTV 6 's and 75's - the flavours of the year in UK mags 2013

Post by kevin »

Their seems to be a sudden renaissance in the the transaxle cars this this year in UK with the GTV been on the cover of Auto Italia and a coming up feature in Classic Cars . I was lucky enough to be invited on both photo shoots this week starting of with Classic Cars at Brands Hatch . Here the they did a shootout ( not like in SA) between the old ETCC cars which included a Rover , M635, jag XJ220 and a GTV2.5 . The GTV used was a very low mileage stock standard 2.5 looking like it did from the factory , with no suspension or engine mods . Its not often you see these cars with such good interior . This GTV was supplied from Alex Jupes workshop . The pics don't do the condition of the car justice . I will search for and engine bay pic and add it later .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (122.02 KiB) Viewed 2349 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (95.23 KiB) Viewed 2349 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (117.93 KiB) Viewed 2349 times
Last edited by kevin on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: GTV 6 's and 75's - the flavours of the year in UK mags

Post by kevin »

Pic of cover of Augusts Auto Italia great articles on the the GTV6 . Great to read accurate reporting .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (184.98 KiB) Viewed 2348 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

And finally moving on to upcoming 75 feature in Auto Italia . Interesting to see another good test facility and demanding test track at Chobham ( spelling! ) . Best part was been a passenger in one of the 75 's while Alex was instructed to throw the car around for some action shots in the twist part of the track which snakes in and out of a section of th golf course . On the first lap I saw some golfers practising putting quite close . By the the fourth lap they had moved substantially further away from the Apex . Been a military test facility the corners were cambered o perfectly and with a very angular aggregate in the surface which made it nearly impossible to get the cars side ways . I just snapped some pics of the shoot from the side . Pic of Bill with his 75 included .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (90.48 KiB) Viewed 2348 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (147.12 KiB) Viewed 2348 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (102.92 KiB) Viewed 2348 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Drive home was fun . Its amazing how many other motorists speed up to have a better look at these 75's .
Pic leaving the nearby pub after health lunch :D
Coming up next weekend is the Silverstone Classic where my GTV 3.0 SA carbi will be on display with the GTA's . Now that should be fun as we are staying the weekend .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (78.64 KiB) Viewed 2347 times