Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Mericet
Gold
Gold

My weekend in a few paragraphs..

Post by Mericet »

I (with some friends) delivered the Camaro to the new owner on Saturday. Since he lived in Wisconsin we agreed to meet at IMS (of the brickyard fame) and conclude the deal. He was, to say the least, very happy as the car looked much better than he thought it would.

We then headed over to IRP (Indianapolis Raceway Park complex) just up the road to watch the One Lap of America cars. For those in the dark, the One Lap is the modern iteration of the Cannonball Run. There is even a Milano entered which looked very good but I did not get to chat with the drivers as they were not around. Some really uniqe cars entered including a Maserati Merak, various Porsches, a Radical, Ultima and just about everything else. I have a friend running in a 86? MB 190E 2.3-16.

Cool weekend, had a nice last drive in the Camaro and am now (hopefully) 3 weeks from picking up the GTV6 in Miami!
Neil C.

85 GTV 6 "Benna della ruggine e mangiatore dello zoccolo"
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Sounds great Neil! Trips like that are a lot of fun. Ohio is a nice place to drive Alfas in the spring time. I went for a nice Ohio drive up in the Wilmington area in my mighty Fiat 128 wagon a few weeks ago.
Mericet
Gold
Gold

Post by Mericet »

Some of the Ohio roads include Car & Driver's test loop. I am certain I will take the GTV6 down to the Hocking Hills for a good run once I have given her a good checkup. :)
Neil C.

4SFED4
Gold
Gold

Post by 4SFED4 »

Let me know when you go to the Hills...

Greg, if you were in Wilmington we were a 30 minute drive from each other... You were even closer to AutoComponenti!
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi Brian,
I want to move to that area. I work down at CVG. Ohio back roads and Italian cars make for some really nice driving. Our roads here in Texas suck for sports cars. Perhaps I should take a little drive up to Autocomponenti in the mighty 128.
Mericet
Gold
Gold

Post by Mericet »

Brian wrote:Let me know when you go to the Hills...
I certainly will. That would give me a chance to see your car in person!

BTW, do you race or open track the car at all?
Neil C.

4SFED4
Gold
Gold

Post by 4SFED4 »

BTW, do you race or open track the car at all?
It is not a race car. I have done some open track events, Mid Ohio and Road Atlanta... and I have my favorite corners around town!

Driving Southern Ohio and northern Kentucky can be a lot of fun.

There may be enough of us to get a small group together... if you like start a "Hocking Alfa Tour" thread and see what interest there is, both here and on the Alfa BB.
Mericet
Gold
Gold

Post by Mericet »

Brian wrote:There may be enough of us to get a small group together... if you like start a "Hocking Alfa Tour" thread and see what interest there is, both here and on the Alfa BB.
I know a few others that would be interested too even though they are not Alfa owners. Actually they just had one about 3 weeks ago.

I also sent you a PM.
Neil C.