Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Cassin
Silver
Silver

Extremely-rare 1942 Alfa 6C 2500 "Tipo Sport Cabriolet" by T

Post by Cassin »

I thought you all might be interested in seeing this rare, and extremely-beautiful 1942 Alfa 6C 2500 "Tipo Sport Cabriolet" by Touring. It's particularly rare because it was built during the War.

It will be offered at auction in November at the Hilton Head Sports & Classic Car auction, and I wouldn't be surprised if it brings over $1 million. Sure wish I had the "extra" million!
Attachments
1942 ALFA.jpg
1942 ALFA.jpg (45.07 KiB) Viewed 3275 times
'86 GTV6
MD
Verde
Verde

Re: Extremely-rare 1942 Alfa 6C 2500 "Tipo Sport Cabriolet" by T

Post by MD »

she's soh perrdy. I want one... :)
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

What amazes me is how on earth did Alfa produce such a beauty during the war ?
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
Cassin
Silver
Silver

Post by Cassin »

RE: ALFA during WWII

As Fernando commented, it seems amazing that ALFA could build such a beautiful automobile during the war. However, it should be remembered that A.L.F.A. (Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili), played an important role in Benito Mussolini's Italy before he was deposed on July 28, 1943. The excellent Wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo) on the history of ALFA Romeo states:

"In 1928 Nicola Romeo left, with Alfa going broke after defense contracts ended, and in the end of 1932 Alfa Romeo was rescued by the government, which then had effective control. Alfa became an instrument of Mussolini's Italy, a national emblem. During this period Alfa Romeo built bespoke vehicles for the wealthy, with the bodies normally built by Touring of Milan or Pininfarina. This was the era that peaked with the legendary Alfa Romeo 2900B Type 35 racers."

The beautiful 1942 6C 2500 was, therefore, built before the war actually arrived in Italy, and during an economic highpoint for Mussolini's Italy.
'86 GTV6
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

...and then they made the MiTo.

That's not all bad however cause the price of real Alfas like our GTV's has just been driven up by buyers who want an eye catching machine but don't want to be spotted in the car park behind the wheel of a Mito. I might be wrong but I thought the original name for this car was Crappo but they didn't like the translation so Mito it is.

A loyal following should not be taken for granted. It needs to be earned. Current management should take heed.

Sorry Barry, can't agree with you all the time..but who can when it comes to aesthetics?
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse