Anything that does not fit into other topics.
nisaar
Gold
Gold

Too all who have lost faith

Post by nisaar »

I would just like to tell those of you have left the alfa romeo family.
Ok fine alfa makes fron wheel drives now but look at the new ones they not sooo bad I still feel alfa got it take a look at this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA4aU0xRT_4

and anyone else who dont like alfa shouldnt be looking at this site ??
Lifes a journey? F*** the ride get there first ALFA ROMEO oo=v=oo
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Do you mean the new Maseratti's?
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

sorry fella, have to dissagree.... this is a site for people mental about proper rear wheel drive alfas, as they should be. The new alfas just dont have the pedigree, they are plastic monstrosities, with tractor engines, good for the daily commute, where no soul stimulation is required. :o

ok... so now bring on the blows about me being a fillistine :lol:
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

The anticipation of driving a front wheel drive Alfa has about as much charisma and expectation as being presented with a champagne bottle that's already been corked... 8)
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

An FWD Alfa in your hand is worth more than 2 philistines .... :lol:
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

My daily drive/commute car is not a newer alfa even though I could get a 156 for next to nothing here. 'nuff said.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

The latest 159 range is very good looking compared to the drivel dished up by most mainstream manufactures currently BUT the Alfa soul just isn't there anymore. :cry:

I got taken around Kyalamy with Patrick Gearing doing the driving and I was impressed at the grip the 159 could generate on it's standard Bridgestones.Even my old uncle,who is a Porsche nut,was very impressed and lamented the fact that they aren't sold in the State's. :shock:

What pained me was the none Alfa feel ,I honestly don't know how better to word it,that seemed to be lacking inside.

Nisaar just to cheer you up,last night driving back from the airport I hooked up with a VW Golf 5 GTI on the highway.He stuck his headlights so close to my bumper I swear I could see the whites of his eye's... :lol: Then I knew Mister VW want's to show this old Alfa a thing or two...Without even bothering to drop from 5th to 4th I floored it and then waited to see if he was willing to chase,saw the tell tale fuel puff from the side of his car and then I nailed the throttle again...Cue one GTI wondering how the hell an old GTV6 can open up more than 8 car lengths in 5th gear. :D So I backed off for him and allowed him the chance to lead on a nice run uphill.He drops the hammer and I do the same,once again not even bothering to gear down...On an uphill the 3.6 flattens a Golf GTI turbo where it cannot even be considered a 'race' anymore. :D

A new Alfa just doesn't have that certain brio but fear not I still bleed Alfa red....
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
ALFA GTV6 GP
Platinum
Platinum

Post by ALFA GTV6 GP »

Driving a new front wheel drive Alfa......
I liken it to squeezing a pair silicon or saline tits.
They look good but they dont handle the same.
John
Alfa 75 3.0 qv potenziata (Black)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Silver)
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0 (Red)
Alfa GTV6 GP (Concourse)
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport (Grey) 226.3 Bhp atw
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Dark Grey) 200+ Bhp atw
nisaar
Gold
Gold

Post by nisaar »

:cry: Hmm I guess you guys are right.....I Just hope and Pray they turn the 8c into a production car for the every day man to buy.

But The New alfas are really good looking anyway. But in theory if you take a3.2 156 couple it to an m3 gearbox a with an M5 Diff you should be able to build something Very Fast .
Lifes a journey? F*** the ride get there first ALFA ROMEO oo=v=oo
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

nisaar wrote::cry: Hmm I guess you guys are right.....I Just hope and Pray they turn the 8c into a production car for the every day man to buy.

But The New alfas are really good looking anyway. But in theory if you take a3.2 156 couple it to an m3 gearbox a with an M5 Diff you should be able to build something Very Fast .
And expensive.....
I had the semi pleasure to drive a 1.9 jtd 159, excellent car to drive, comfy on the highway, well built, very very stylish, yes, I know what you say about FWD, but I think what we are all waiting for is for the GTA version.... :D
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

The August edition of EVO has a buyers guide focusing on the 147/156 GTA's.I do concede that as an alternative to my current GTV6 I would be sorely tempted to get one of those now that second hand prices are reasonable. :D I really don't won't to use my current car every day as I would like to preserve it for many more years to come....Eco bunny huggers permitting ofcourse. :evil:

Let's all collectively hope and pray the next generation of GTA's restores our faith in Alfa as out and out drivers car's once again. 8)
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

ALFA GTV6 GP wrote:Driving a new front wheel drive Alfa......
I liken it to squeezing a pair silicon or saline tits.
They look good but they dont handle the same.
John
indeed, they look good, have less roll and sag than the old ones, and when unsettled have far quicker rebound..... but in the end, the old ones are just better some how... :lol:

joking aside. I suppose I could put up with a 147gta to thrash the bejeesus out of to work and back, but only if its been autodelta'd first.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

I would buy a 156 GTA. I could put up with its electrical gremlins for the engine, ride and style. It's definitely a car I could live with on a day to day basis. Other than this, I wouldn't even bother with a euro sedan. I would just get something like a Honda Accord Euro R and have a fun and reliable daily driver. In fact once I sell my 164QV the Euro R is what I would probably get.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

fedezyl wrote:
I had the semi pleasure to drive a 1.9 jtd 159, excellent car to drive, comfy on the highway, well built, very very stylish, yes, I know what you say about FWD, but I think what we are all waiting for is for the GTA version.... :D
You mean the GTW-D? Gran Turismo Weighed-Down? The body is heavy from the start and a big V6 (turbo?) + 4WD on top of that? Why not doing something different or at least call it something else instead of raping the GTA heritage... :(
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Mats wrote:
fedezyl wrote:
You mean the GTW-D? Gran Turismo Weighed-Down? The body is heavy from the start and a big V6 (turbo?) + 4WD on top of that? Why not doing something different or at least call it something else instead of raping the GTA heritage... :(
Yep, that same one, but tell me, wich car nowadays isn't heavy as hell, I know the Brera/159 platform is heavy per se, but well, if they take weight down, that is a true GTA isn't it??
Given today's safety requirements, building a light platform would mean the use of expensive materials (carbon fiber, aluminium) and therefore an increase in price of the car...