Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Barry
Verde
Verde

For the flying freaks,found this amusing..-Barry

Post by Barry »

Mmmm....Greg?? :wink:
Attachments
africaflying.jpg
africaflying.jpg (49.45 KiB) Viewed 9821 times
xtrememountainstrip.jpg
xtrememountainstrip.jpg (101.17 KiB) Viewed 9821 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Those pictures remind me of my early commercial flying days up in Alaska. I have flown out of places almost as bad as the first picture. The second picture brings back memories to. I remember hauling two sled dog teams in a Cessna Caravan, two sleds, two mushers, and a lot of dogs. We had to put the dogs in burlap sacks with just thier heads sticking out to keep them from fighting on the plane. Once in the sacks they actually make pretty good passengers, better than some of the people we had. The funny thing was once we got to the destination they didn't want to get out of the plane.
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

hehe, I love the first picture baz, we don't have those steep "runways" if you want here but i've landed on country roads before, pretty fun! I miss those days, it's been ages since I've flown any G.A. aircraft!! :D :D
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Just had a good chuckle!!
I just pictured all those dogs in sacks!!with this bemused look on their faces!! :D :D

F,You got me...GA??
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Barry wrote:Just had a good chuckle!!
I just pictured all those dogs in sacks!!with this bemused look on their faces!! :D :D

F,You got me...GA??
General Aviation, hehe, bet it must have been amusing with all those dogs, on the side news, they just sold 75% of the stock from our airline to an investment group, management is going to be from Lufthansa, they are planning on increasing the fleet from the current 7 airplanes to 20, so i'm guessing i'll be upgrading to captain, of what airplane I don't know, might be, Airbus, Boeing or Embraer...hehe pretty happy I am, that means more money to spend on Alfa's!!!
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

Wish I could find a job flying. I went to college to get a degree in how to fly airplanes, started teaching, and found I was in the wrong place (San Francisco Bay Area) at the wrong time (89-92). Did some insurance claims work and now have been a machinist for the last 13 years. I envy you fedezyl!

Scott
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

thanks! we'll see what happens, they are talking about courses starting in march-april...but in any case i'm pretty happy with the change, current management is horrible really :?
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Whoa, I just looked at that second picture again. Those are NOT dogs!

Fedezyl,
Good luck I hope that German buyout works for you. It didn't work well for us at all. It turns out all that stuff we heard about German efficiency is a bunch of crap.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Greg,

You were a bush pilot? Did your plane have big fat wheels?
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Greg Gordon wrote:Whoa, I just looked at that second picture again. Those are NOT dogs!

Fedezyl,
Good luck I hope that German buyout works for you. It didn't work well for us at all. It turns out all that stuff we heard about German efficiency is a bunch of crap.
Guess you need German workers too... :wink:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Dogs Greg!!

Do you still have (about) 10 fingers?
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

I think the problem is the lost eye... :lol:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Zamani, I was an Alaskan Bush pilot for 7 months before I got smart and headed south. It sucked, the flying was fun but it was not a great job for a young (at the time) single guy. I was flying the Cessan Carvan, it was a new airplane at that time. We had the float conversions without the floats which gave us an oversized rudder as well as other helpful mods for bush flying. We had the largest tires we could get making the planes look a little cartoonish.

Mats, RIGHT YOU ARE! well sort of. The German leadership moved the operation to a place where it's tough to get workers of any type, let alone high caliber people.
Last edited by Greg Gordon on Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Greg Gordon wrote:Whoa, I just looked at that second picture again. Those are NOT dogs!

Fedezyl,
Yeah, I know what you mean Greg, good thing is that Lufthansa is going to provide the know how, wich in my opinion is good, they are not doing bad plus they gave the know how to Lan Chile and they turned out pretty good, being one the best airlines in South America, so we'll see, it's too early to say it's good or bad, but at least on paper and given all the movement that there's starting here around management with letters that sound like resignations plus articles on the newspaper (it's the national airline) seem to be like things are going to change....if not...i'll move to Chile and fly for Lan...hehe... :D
What airplanes did you fly in Alaska?
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

It sounds like it will work out pretty well for your company.
I flew 207s, Caravans and the 172RG in Alaska. Most of my time up there was in the Caravan.