Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Barry,

Dan or Jules? :D

Jules m8,

Have you tried applying for the other Aussie airline? What about prospect of working in Europe or UK? Or even for Etihad :) ?
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kWEVdEpf3yc

You have to see this!!!!!!!!!!!!!X wind landings!!!!!!!!!
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Barry wrote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=kWEVdEpf3yc

You have to see this!!!!!!!!!!!!!X wind landings!!!!!!!!!
Bah, easy stuff. Try it with snow and wind that actually change.
Last two landings here in Gothenburg I have checked the engines for scrape marks, HUGE bankings at below 10m...
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hey Jules,

I got the solution for ya. Forget all that humbug working for a living. Rock round to the local costume shop and get one of them skin tight things, a pair of undies for the outside of 'em and an old curtain for a cape. You can change in any phone booth and answer the call of humanity.

So who ya gonna call ??? SUPERJULES !!! :D :D

The ONLY way to fly..
Attachments
SuperJules.jpg
SuperJules.jpg (65.91 KiB) Viewed 8296 times
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Zman,yea...Its only taken me 3 days to figure what you said above... :oops:

Mike,only in Ozz!! Now I know what it takes to get through the day there!!

Mats,Post pics ...!Lets see ...!

The following is an incredible bit of photography..Its times such as these Id rather be GROUNDED!
Attachments
Plane.jpg
Plane.jpg (120.46 KiB) Viewed 8282 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

nice picture! that must be timing to take it just at the same time as the left engine explodes into pieces pretty much...good thing the 777's are overpowered! :D
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Nice photo Barry! can even see bits of the engine in the smoke.... :shock: must be still making power tho' can't see any rudder defection.......yet :lol:
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

The write up goes that the Flight crew did not an indication of anything going wrong.They were blisfully going to fly on to their destination.
Ground control notified them of smoke and debris falling on the runway..

Airliners.net. 8)
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

That's in Sweden. Some engine insulation broke loose and was spat out.
I'll try to translate: http://www.fotosidan.se/cldoc/6761.htm

"Vad hände med flygplanet, såg du att den avbröt stigningen?
Det var just själva ögonblicket med smällen och den efterföljande röken som var dramatisk, men planet fortsatte sedan sin stigning som planerat. Det var först ca 5 minuter senare som det blev problem med motorn då de delar som hade lossnat hade skadat delar i motorns bakkant som i sin tur störde luftflödet ur motorn. Delarna som lossnade och föll ner på marken var isoleringsmaterial från insidan av reverseringsplattorna i motorn. Om jag är rätt informerad behövdes även en del på vingen bytas, jag tror det var en klaff."

The short version: The only dramatic stuff was the bang and the smoke, the plane went on as usual and it was 5 minutes later that there was a problem with the engine since the parts that broke loose damaged the rear parts of the engine and this caused a disturbance in the airflow out of the engine. The parts that broke loose wa insulation material from the inside of the reversing plates in the engine. If his information is correct they also had to change a part of the wing, he thinks it was a flap.

The picture was taken by Fredrik Granberg November 3rd at Arlanda runway 01L-19R, the 777 belongs to Malaysia Airlines and was heading for Kuala Lumpur.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Hey,Thanks Mats..Good to know what went wrong...
Also explains the cockpit crews oblivion to any problems...

As part of a crew doing btx and ltx`s in the old days,our job was on the avionics side..At the same time the mechanics were doing there bit as well..
When a 747 taxi`s in,its the mechanic `s job to put the lock pin into the front olio once it was locked.

The other mechanic in the cockpit cycles the landing gear levers as part of the ltx..(line transit for those who don't know)
This guy cycled the levers and the next moment we all felt the aircraft `s nose starting to dip.He hastily reversed the lever position but she was past the point of return.

One 747 gracefully put her nose onto the tarmac,ripping off doors and loading bay doors as the ground vehicles were all there doing their thing...

Im trying to remember the aircraft ,but it eludes me for now...There are pics of her floating around... :?

Mike,This was you as a kid????????
Attachments
image001.jpg
image001.jpg (19.09 KiB) Viewed 8256 times
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

hey baz, we had a similar incident here with a 737, they forgot to put the pins in, they put the landing gear lever up to change an ADF (unbeleivable we still use those...) and forgot to put the lever down, the next shift of mechanics came in, when they pressurized all of the hydraulics system the landing gear retracted, a rib on the nose and the nose gear doors where broken...i'll try to find a pic around :(
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Yeah Bazza. That's me. Must admit I got lucky and stayed on the job until I was 16 alternating between a Fourex and a boob until I was weaned off.

Then I met my girlfriend.....here's a photo of her in her training bra...
Attachments
The Girlfriend.jpg
The Girlfriend.jpg (165.81 KiB) Viewed 8224 times
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Geezus MD ! :lol:

ever wondered what happens if you drive behind a 747 with take off thrust set? Top Gear did it ha ha check this video out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9107SknOFl0
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Hehehe too many replies for my short attention span- all I can say is "Those are some big funbags!"

Cheers guys- she'll be right- I think I have a job lined up anyway!
Fixing it bit by bit....
fortom
Gold
Gold

Post by fortom »

This what i got up to today , first time at the controls...cool.
Attachments
IMG_0604.JPG
IMG_0604.JPG (81.57 KiB) Viewed 7963 times