Anything that does not fit into other topics.
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Venting absolute Joy!!!!!!!!

Post by SydneyJules »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Got pass the notrious QF Psychometric and Skills testing, and am into the next stage of the Cadet Selection process!

Wish me luck, because it means I will be able to afford a few insane Alfas!!!!

(ahhh - a sigh of relief)

J
Fixing it bit by bit....
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Hey,very well done Jooollszzz.... :!: :D :D

Tel me,is this to become an official Aussie resident?? :D :D

Nice one mate.. 8)
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

No I passed that one half way through high school- the test involved:

* Finishing a Yard Glass of Beer
* Learning to talk through my nose
* Learning the art of abbreviation (Ie "How's it goin?" becomes "Goin?")
* Swear 101

Flying colours mate!

reckon Kev had shock at lazy we Oz r wit eng.

:wink:
Fixing it bit by bit....
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Well done Jules!!!!!! Thats a big hurdle you've jumped there !

that computer/psychometric testing SUCKs!!! :twisted:

Good one!

Feeling relieved i bet and very, very hung over!! Ha ha
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

ONYA Birdbrains !! :D :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Well done Jules.So what are the odds of you being the pilot of an Airbus A380 when Mr B and I decide to fly to Aus to check out the Great Race some day ? :twisted:

Perhaps you could show us just how one of those babies should handle based on your Alfa genes being allowed to sneak out ? :twisted: :lol:
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

well many many congrats mate!!! I feel very happy for you, maybe we can meet up when you fly the A380 or the 747 to Buenos Aires!! well who know's where i'll be by then...!! :D :D :D
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Awwwww Shucks guys 8)

Well, it goes like this:

I have my high school physics in two weeks
I have a QF interview and medical in three weeks

If get through that, I have a flight test (Duchess), and if get through that, then I have politically motivated violence checks.... fed police checks etc

But as Matt said... I feel like Ive passed the biggest hurdle now...

I would love to think of myself as going to A380s... damn...

More likely all the senior guys will get the spots!
Fixing it bit by bit....
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

I've got a buddy that works for united airlines as an aircraft mechanic....I've heard the stories......fly a boeing...you will loose fewer parts.

Scott
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Hey,Ive worked on Boeing and Airbus amongst others...They `re all great craft... 8) 8)
Joollssszzz,Politically correct what??What does all that entail??Damn ,this whole thing sucks..
Remember the days whem 21 packs got on board a Junkers and everyone was more concerned about the aircraft making it than politics and related crap??
Those were the days......... :roll: :D
Attachments
Final fleight and resting place for S.A.A 747SP...
Final fleight and resting place for S.A.A 747SP...
rollingout.jpg (160.02 KiB) Viewed 8261 times
Only made the landing..Not enough runway to take off again..She is to be mothballed at a small private field..Check the olios vs the runway width...
Only made the landing..Not enough runway to take off again..She is to be mothballed at a small private field..Check the olios vs the runway width...
zs_spc9_156.jpg (167.26 KiB) Viewed 8257 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Wow those SP Classics sure are short!!!!!!!!!!

FMD I bet he had fun putting it down on such a short strip! You would put it down on the keys and makes sure it stayed there Im sure IMHO :shock: there isn't much width to play with - did you see it come down?

Yeah they are pretty serious on having the right person, and they say its possibly moreso the way with cadets... then again, Matt made the grade, and he's obsessed with Blow through carbys- so it cant be too hard!! :wink:

Many people are very negative about the process- apparently they take around 7 Stage 2 Cadets, and flight test around 8-9... so Im hoping to make a good show beforehand, because Im sure that flying wise we will all possibly be of similar standard... Comm. P/L and 150-odd hours- I have 160, and I know people with more who still haven't tested...
Just remain positive, and fit for a good state of mind...

Politically motivated violence check, Federal Police Check, Citizenship and Police Record check... The only thing illegal I have ever done was chalk some tyres... and possibly beer-induced relieve myself in public hehehe

Baz... If only it was like that.... I will not complain, tho, because my abililty to get my dream job that will allow me my dream Alfa rest on me being more professional than the next....

Im sure that flying anything bigger than a duchess is going to be enough to satisfy any immediate cravings I have in relation to flying!

If down the track i start to get bored, I will look at getting a bit more into aerobatics, as I have a bit of a thing for getting upside down... gymnastics was a wonderful excuse!
Fixing it bit by bit....
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Jules, congratulations and good luck on your next stage.

Barry, nice pics. I haven't seen a SP model in years. They are really short, few airlines in the U.S. used them, possibly just United.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Greg,

Pan Am used to fly them. Back in '84 I think, I flew from London to Miami and I saw a few SPs in service. I was only 9 then but I knew my planes (had the thick Janes aircraft manual then).
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

That makes sense. Although, come to think of it I haven't seen a Pan Am 747 in a while either ;)
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Thanks Greg... gonna need it!

Ahhh Janes.... my favourite reading material!

SO many wonderful memories come flooding back now, Z!!!
Fixing it bit by bit....