Anything that does not fit into other topics.
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

dont mind me, just getting in on the love. Congrats Jules, and good luck with everything in HK matt, sucks we gotta lose an aussie alfisti to the whims of the world and making a living, but that's life !

feckin' a :cry:
"Fun is an unintended, unforeseen, and usually undignified consequence of life."
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Thanks all,

BTW John, Im still scared of heights- ! And if you saw some of the stupid things I get up to, you would wonder...

Look forward to hearing from you soon Matt! WIll email

J
Fixing it bit by bit....
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Jules,

Are you going to get on a jetliner yet or not? Could use the money to get the 2 hair dryers you need. :lol:
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Cool, well congrats mate, what airplane are you going to be flying??
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

No wonder Jules has got the ticket, he's been flying in the GTV for ages.

I have seen him drive the fkkr ! :D

Best of luck with your future big guy.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Thanks everyone, good stuff :D
MD i couldn't agree more, i got a lift from Jules from the airport in Coffs once, he definetley clocked up 1/2 hr low level time then, plus all the "burnout" smoke like an aerobatic plane ha ha awesome GTV!
Its a G200 Fedezyl, is your aviatar the Guilietta getting the 24V? now thats going to be a great "sleeper", going to surprise alot of people with that one! :D

...i got to find another alfa O/S......
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Matt, are you gonna fly out of HK's new airport? Is Kai Tak totally closed or is it still used for small private jets? Landing in Kai Tak during the monsoon at night is pretty scary.
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Z Pretty sure its all done out of the new airport on Lantau Island no checker boards there :D , still some hills tho' :?
I've had a bit of a look for GTV's 6 and 4 there but no luck, maybe they're too old now??? what a shame......cars are so cheap there, well compared to OZ, guess Ford and Holden in Australia can't make a car cheap enough to compete with cheap imports. (what a contradiction ha ha ha)
Food for thought-aussies(maybe cars are even cheaper in other parts of the world but otherwise)......food for thought....in AU $
early 90's 164Q=3.5K
'94 BMW M3=8.5K but geez 100hp/litre machine low Km..hmmm sacralidge i know
1999 Alfa GTV 2.0 10K

wheres the 116 GTV6's ????
Last edited by matt on Tue May 02, 2006 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

matt wrote:Thanks everyone, good stuff :D
MD i couldn't agree more, i got a lift from Jules from the airport in Coffs once, he definetley clocked up 1/2 hr low level time then, plus all the "burnout" smoke like an aerobatic plane ha ha awesome GTV!
Its a G200 Fedezyl, is your aviatar the Guilietta getting the 24V? now thats going to be a great "sleeper", going to surprise alot of people with that one! :D

...i got to find another alfa O/S......
Heheh, G200, pretty cool, wasn't that the IAI Galaxy before Gulfstream bought IAI?
Yep that's the one, it was about time I put a picture of it as my avatar, i'm going to import the performatek torsion bars and springs next month..next is the V6 getting in..hehe
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Yep thats the one......
No GTV's in HK locsl alfa club says 4 to 6 at the absolute most :cry:
that includes 75/Milanos wow this is going to be tricky........
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

matt wrote:Yep thats the one......
No GTV's in HK locsl alfa club says 4 to 6 at the absolute most :cry:
that includes 75/Milanos wow this is going to be tricky........
Yeah...your best bet is to try and get a FWD Alfa, any 33's or Sud's? if not maybe the newer 145/146? 155's are nice too, the only bad thing...FWD..how about bringin your GTV with you?
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

My GTV is gone, i've only kept the turbo kit and a few other spares for a later day, seems like a 'very' later day......now :cry:

but importing a car to HK? with newer cars being so cheap its not worth it, maybe later for a turbodelta project i could get my hands on an early alfetta gtv somewhere.....?

We'll see, have you been able to get your alfas locally or imported Fedezyl?

the other "catch" is HK is same as OZ drive on LH side of road
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

matt wrote:My GTV is gone, i've only kept the turbo kit and a few other spares for a later day, seems like a 'very' later day......now :cry:

but importing a car to HK? with newer cars being so cheap its not worth it, maybe later for a turbodelta project i could get my hands on an early alfetta gtv somewhere.....?

We'll see, have you been able to get your alfas locally or imported Fedezyl?

the other "catch" is HK is same as OZ drive on LH side of road
Hmm..yeah that is true about new cars, all my alfas were bought locally, the sad thing is that the cool models never got imported here, we only got the 75TS (very few) and 1.6 Giuliettas, my other cars, well I bought 3 Giulias 1300 Supers to make one, and one fully restored Giulietta Berlina ti that is being put together, the main problem here is the price and availability of spares, the good thing is that in Argentina I can find some stuff, if not I can get it from Europe, the good thing about a flying job, you get around from importing quite some stuff..but still..it's a pain in the arse..the only thing keeping me from having my 3.0 V6 in the Giulietta is the freaking flywheel and rear engine mount..since no GTV6's or 75 V6's were ever imported here or in Argentina nor Brazil I have absolutely no other way to source it from other than the U.S. or Europe...