Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Terafrost
Gold
Gold

Re: My favourite Alfa from the 2-day Alfa Romeo race weekend..

Post by Terafrost »

Garth,

Unfortunately had to miss it due to work commitments and a severe lack of funds!
I would have loved to have gone... could have kicked myself when I saw photos of the parade lap alone! I guess I'll have to *try* and make up for it and the Alfa Museum in Italy this October :wink:

I'll be taking my trusty DSLR, naturally.

Far out it gets lonely as an Alfa owner down in Tassie, I tell you what!
There *were* about 3 italians at our last 'Club Motori Italia' meet... in a field of 50 odd. Mostly skylines, and other jap cars. Don't get me wrong, they have their place... but that place just isn't in an Italian car club. And the field is getting narrower! Two written off this month!

Oh and just to be clear, that link is for the same Alfetta you saw. It's basically the latter half of the build. There's a startup video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu50yO7qOPE
Pretty tough for a 2 litre. He did all the work himself, I'm pretty sure. Last I heard he was still awaiting dyno tuning, as he got the car sorted the friday before Philip Island!
Alex

1985 GTV6
1983 GTV6 - Project
1985 ALFA 90 GCL - in many, many pieces... Anyone?
1987 ALFA 75 TwinSpark - Now running around Victoria.
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Damn Tera, thats not many italians at all..might have to organise a trip next year and put the old girl on the boat! Should even try get some of the Alfa club peeps over there, would be a good weekend!!

Youtube link was good, thanks for that, damn she sounds lumpy, but good. :)

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
Terafrost
Gold
Gold

Post by Terafrost »

Could show off some of Tassie's world class backroads :wink:

Mind you, one car up to Melb would probably be easier than lots heading down here...
Either way, sounds like an idea at least! Would be good to meet some of you guys and talk crap for a day or two.
Alex

1985 GTV6
1983 GTV6 - Project
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Yeah that would good, nice cool intake temps...Hmmm my car would be very happy. :D

Even if i could organise a small group to meet the tassie alfisti, would be a great weekend. Could have a day at the track, or cruise somewhere. Me personally i've never been to Tasmania, so would be great to put the car on the boat and cruise over.

The next club meeting i attend i'll put it through to afew people, and see how many will be interested! :P

Damn i'll go solo even if nobody wants to go, either way its gonna happen sooner or later. :wink:

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Terafrost
Gold
Gold

Post by Terafrost »

That was cold, man... 8)

Let me know when you decide to join us, I'll try and organise a group of us for a cruise somewhere. If you haven't been to Tassie before, it'd be a good time to check out the East coast and a few of the things it has to offer.

I'll try and take a few shots of Targa in a few weeks time... Food for thought :wink:
Alex

1985 GTV6
1983 GTV6 - Project
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Ah, Targa. You know i always wanted to do a Targa event, but now i've modified my car, it wouldnt be allowed. One day in another car i suppose...

Will keep in touch for sure regarding heading down there Tera. Will be later in the year, or early next.

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Terafrost
Gold
Gold

Post by Terafrost »

Targa has a modified class, you know... In fact a couple of them. All you need is a roll cage and harness really. Plus few grand spare for the entry fee :?

Anyways... Off topic - Must apologise!
Alex

1985 GTV6
1983 GTV6 - Project