Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Paul Bird
Gold
Gold

Jims book

Post by Paul Bird »

Hi all, any ideas as to when Jims book will be making an appearence? I have been waiting paitiently up til now, but I keep hearing different release dates.

Paul UK
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Re: Jims book

Post by Jim K »

I have it from a reliable source that Jim himself hasn't got a clue! He still hasn't solved an engine cutout problem so he can't map/dyno any cams or big-bore headers. Besides still waiting for some cams to arrive, given the way finances are going right now, the book is not the highest priority either...
One thought would probably be to start posting parts of the book in the net (this site?) starting from page one but that's just an idea at this point.
Duk
Verde
Verde

Post by Duk »

Online books are a great idea IMO, I've bought a few that way and I think it's an excellent way to sell written work.
Could always sell what you have and sell the rest when it's completed 8) .
Paul Bird
Gold
Gold

Post by Paul Bird »

Hi, thanks for the feedback, I await with antisipation.

Paul UK
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

JimGreek wrote:I have it from a reliable source that Jim himself hasn't got a clue! He still hasn't solved an engine cutout problem so he can't map/dyno any cams or big-bore headers. Besides still waiting for some cams to arrive, given the way finances are going right now, the book is not the highest priority either...
One thought would probably be to start posting parts of the book in the net (this site?) starting from page one but that's just an idea at this point.

lol!
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

JimGreek wrote:I have it from a reliable source that Jim himself hasn't got a clue! He still hasn't solved an engine cutout problem so he can't map/dyno any cams or big-bore headers. Besides still waiting for some cams to arrive, given the way finances are going right now, the book is not the highest priority either...

JimGreek,

Don't worry I will ask some Aussies to "have a talk" with this "Jim" whoever he is. Maybe he can be "persuaded" to speed things up. We already have a photo of "Jim"'s house....

:mrgreen:
Dr. Alban
grant
Platinum
Platinum

Post by grant »

I would gladly paypal the purchase price of the book if I can access whatever has been done so far (12V) so I can read it electronically. So many questions and nothing short of your book will be able to answer them I think :cry:
BMW's are the ultimate driving machine!

I'm kidding -- please don't ban me.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

We already have a photo of "Jim"'s house....
Well I suppose you have all seen the news recently where the Greek youth has gone on a rampage and started torching the joint. Allegedly it was prompted by a shooting of a youth by the police. However my spies tell me that is just a total media distortion because the riots were actually caused by the local release of information about the publication delays of Jim's book...I must say for a goat herder, he's got some pull.. :D :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
MALDI
Platinum
Platinum

Post by MALDI »

MD wrote:Well I suppose you have all seen the news recently where the Greek youth has gone on a rampage and started torching the joint. Allegedly it was prompted by a shooting of a youth by the police. However my spies tell me that is just a total media distortion because the riots were actually caused by the local release of information about the publication delays of Jim's book
Brilliant!
'84 GTV6 3.0L
'81 X1/9
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

So MD, your intelligence agency mentioned the presence of a real book which can be described as a "weapon of mass description"? I guess we have to invade and occupy his house then :wall: :mrgreen:
Dr. Alban
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Mentioning 'MD' and 'intelligence' in the same sentence is a physical impossibility! :twisted:
Jim K.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hahaa. That's almost as good as the old days. Now all we are missing is that other village idiot, Barry to come back on line and the picture is complete. Good to mix a bit of levity amongst all this dry mechanical collage..

..on a more sensible note, I am sorry to hear you are bogged down with issues with the book mate. I also know you don't give up easily and I am sure you will come up with a compromise to make it work in the end. Best of luck with it anyhow.

enough of the lovey dovey stuff already.

Hey Zefa, I wouldn't be in a rush to hang out at JK's pad cause he sleeps with his goats and frankly some of them don't even use armpit deodorant, know what I mean?

:wall:
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Paul Bird
Gold
Gold

Post by Paul Bird »

Hi MD, I hope you use under arm spray, as when I visit (sometime soon I hope) I wont put up with any smell other than a clean alfa!!

PB UK
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Can't believe some good words actually came outa yer mouth MD...it must've hurt terribly! Thats why I appreciate it all the more! :D
As for PB visiting in the near future, be warned MD is still being covertly used by certain gov't agencies for producing large quantities of poisonous gases...and you all thought Aussieland had nothing to do with WMD...! Rumor has it Saddam was after his a$$ too (literally) for the same reason :lol: :lol:
So, under-arm euphoria is the least of your problems! :lol: :wall:

On a more serious (!!) note, I have a very interested buyer for the 3liter car, a friend from the local Alfaclub.
He has asked for the car for more than a year now but I can't oblige because of the damn book! My last effort was still unsuccessful: had a proper 2-1 merge made just before the 1st muffler but the cutout problem is still there. AFR is ~12.7 when it happens (with the 'lean' ecu). Fast running out of ideas, I want to try one more thing: lock the distributor advance mechanism, as I'm running Motronic and the JK200 CD. Don't ask why...consider the rotation of the dist.rotor because of the springs/weights vs the Motronic ecu-generated advance curve. Now think of the width of the rotor outside terminal...is there a chance for crossfiring at high rpm/load? Electrically it makes sense: the spark is enough for 1st gear, but gets diverted a bit on 2nd (high load) and completely diverted in 3rd (higher load). Don't elaborate on this, you'll only confuse me :) but believe me this is a distinct possibility of spark wandering under high load conditions.
So, if the problem is someday solved, the car will go, or the engine will go on eBay after all testing. THEN it'll be all about the 1.8T , finally.
Jim K.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi Jim,

It's hard to believe that headers are causing this high rpm problem. I would think that with all the incredibly crappy manifold designs I have seen if this could be easily caused by headers it would be a problem we would see all the time.

On another note, I am sending you an email.

Greg