Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

8)
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

I guess the newer the drivetrain the better, I remember how shockig it was to switch between the 75 T and the Integrale, going to the Integrale I always though "wtf, forgot the handbrake?" only to find out that the handbrake was not engaged and realized it was the 4WD system. Going the other way always made me think "YEEHAAA, this shit is flying!". (Obviously I was wrong there also).

The Subarus have the same issue I think, they feel incredibly heavy during parking manouvers and take off, hell even the Audi RS4 have a "power hump" issue at low speed and tight turning radius, the propshaft feels like it's going to hit the tunnel... :shock:
The new AWD systems with a clutch is nothing like that though, feels like a 2WD car at low speed but nice and stable at high speed or whenever the AWD is engaged. Very nice (and tuneable).
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

Thanks Mats.

Scott
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Barry wrote:8)
mmmmmmmmm,actually uploaded a pic here.....

Mats,so right..asked a friend if I was in second gear the first time I drove a grale... :wink:
Attachments
523_akazo_hsp1.jpg
523_akazo_hsp1.jpg (11.03 KiB) Viewed 6494 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

......but then the car explodes and you'll be pushed brutally in your seat.

my friend's integrale had the 260hp chip

his turbo broke because a circlip came loose in the aircanal :?

then his cluth was smoked

and the cherry on the cake: the conrods were smashed through the block[/quote]
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

I just had a look at one like this (but grey).

Great car, felt very 'together' and stable, especially after driving a 75. Fast compared with the twinspark.

I'm really not sure what I want to do.

The left hand drive thing makes sense now MD.

I'll keep thinking and looking and researching.
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

Mats wrote:
Alfettish wrote:
Mats, 180hp, no wonder you were upset by it's straight-line speed :) :) :)
Well, the 16v cars is a bit more, 210 is it? But it won't do any difference really, with the Evoluzione you would get (rated) 250 hp but I can tell you right now that the drivetrain eats away pretty good at the WHp...

The Legend of the Integrale is just too big to live up to.
I think the max was 215bhp in the EvoII and 'Edizione Finale'. I don't really think the torque figures changed much over the life of the car either (about 295nm).

Huge amounts of straight line power isn't really my thing anyway. 185-200hp is good with me.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Nice car, but that is not the last model right? The one with the projecr lights on the main beam and equal sized headlights. I think I am done with Eye-talian cars for now. I would get a 156 GTA, but none here and the 75 race car needs most of my attention anyway. Since petrol prices are only going up from now on, I'm on the lookout for an CL9 Accord Euro-R.
Dr. Alban
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

Zamani wrote:Nice car, but that is not the last model right? The one with the projecr lights on the main beam and equal sized headlights. I think I am done with Eye-talian cars for now. I would get a 156 GTA, but none here and the 75 race car needs most of my attention anyway. Since petrol prices are only going up from now on, I'm on the lookout for an CL9 Accord Euro-R.
no that is one of the 1st Integrales with added wing.

this is the last model.

Petrol prices are going up yes, that's why I want to get this car before it runs out.
GTV27
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GTV27 »

how much is a delta going to set you back? (roughly only, not meaning to impact on your negotiations or anything!)
Jason
1983 GTV6 2.8 litre
GTV27
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GTV27 »

Oh, and suspension wise, I don't see why you couldn't make a 75 handle as well as a Delta (excepting traction of course :lol: ), it has a very advanced basic set up (whereas delta is just struts is it not?) and it is just a matter of throwing the right springs, bars, shocks, tyres, etc at it. I've had a ride in a rally 75 (built for the Round Aust Trial) and it was unbelievably stable on a rough and rutted track.
Jason
1983 GTV6 2.8 litre
grant
Platinum
Platinum

Post by grant »

So, was the integrale fun? I doubt I'll ever be able to drive one in my life time :(

Zamani, build up a 1993 Civic VX.

No power steering, locks, windows, or mirrors, weighs 2200lbs. Best part, gets 50 mpg city, 57 freeway!
BMW's are the ultimate driving machine!

I'm kidding -- please don't ban me.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

This is the car I had.

This is why I doubt there is a good conversion LHD -> RHD

Interior shot, note how the Tach starts at the 3 o'clock position and goes to 12... Very cool. :)
Also think about how long that key on the "shelf" stays put when driving... :roll:

These pics are taken i January 04, Traded the Delta for the Race GTV if someone cares.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

Very nice Mats, the same as I drove but no wing or bulgy bonnet.

Here is a RHD engine bay.

Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

grant wrote:So, was the integrale fun? I doubt I'll ever be able to drive one in my life time :(

Zamani, build up a 1993 Civic VX.

No power steering, locks, windows, or mirrors, weighs 2200lbs. Best part, gets 50 mpg city, 57 freeway!
It was great for the amount of time I spent in it.
As I said, felt very well-built and secure, sure-footed, fast and seemed like it would be lots of fun.
It felt very strange having not spent too much time in 4wd cars to accelerate very fast up a steep gravel hill and not to be spinning the wheels.