Anything that does not fit into other topics.
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

The real problem is that most manufacturers want to make 4 door cars. I like my 2 door ones. ( that 159 is a 4 door) There is something wrong when someone tries to call a 4 door sedan a sports car, not that a 4 door can't be made to go fast, but there is something not right to me.

Scott
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

I can relate to that Scott.I love the fact that my GTV only has two doors and any back seat passengers are going to need a chiropractor after a long journey unless they are children. :lol:

They can still use the same platform to make the four door saloon and a decent coupe ala our GTV/Guilietta/Milano/Alfetta range.

I saw some spy pics from Barry of the 159GTA testing at the Ring and I was very impressed.Stunning motor car IMHO. :D
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

Just thought that I would post my feelings about Lexus:
It is a car for people who want to pay Merc money but just cant deal with the S class being too sporty. They are the people who would have been driving 20 foot long lincolns if it were 25 years ago.

Altezza is ok, but I hate the tail lamp trend that it started. Therefore, it is out.

If you want a luxurious and sporty Japan car, why not get the Infiniti? Far more interesting line as far as I am concerned.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Personally I am tempted to go with an environmentally friendly car. Something like a 2 door shell with a 5kg roll of Gouda Cheese behind the grille but just far enough to tempt a cage of mice to go chasing it...heheee.

....love them meeces to peeces .. :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

He he Mike,would you be tempted to attend a Toyota Prius Track Day? :lol:

This time around the medical equipment would have to be used to shock the participants out of there comas... :lol:

Oh yes and we can put up a nice big tree in the middle of the pits so everyone can hug it. :twisted:
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Just read the motoring supplement of our local business paper in which they tested the latest Alfa Spyder.I want to cry.They reckon it's a poseurs car. :oops: An Alfa that's a poseurs car ? Never thought I would hear those words. :cry:

Fuel economy also came in for a pounding as it returned between 13 to 14 litres/100kms. :shock: My 3.6 returns better economy than that I kid you not.

They make stunning looking cars but they seriously need to get back the drivers edge they always had.Oh yes and it costs over R500 000! :shock:

Thanks,but no thanks Alfa,I will just stick to my old trusty GTV6 which is a real Alfa not a poseurs car. :D

As an aside,last night I saw a black Alfa GT...everytime I see that car I am left speechless at it's beauty. :shock: Fantastic engine,looks to die for and the only negative FWD.Could you imagine that car with a RWD chassis ? Alfa would battle to keep up with demand I reckon.
nisaar
Gold
Gold

Post by nisaar »

Well I think I will Have to say that I am All Alfa any day of the week in my sleep.
Here in south africa we had some crazy cars made here
the Fiat UNO TURBO stock standard it would destroy the M3 of the day which was the 2 and four door M3's and the Uno was 50% of the price and faster.

We cant forget the newish alfa's the 3.0GTV, 155 2.5 AWD the 164 Q4and the 156 GTA?

Guys Lets not for get Alfa romeo and let it fade into History ?
Attachments
03062007039.jpg
03062007039.jpg (188.36 KiB) Viewed 7176 times
lucass81
Gold
Gold

Post by lucass81 »

See how the GT did against the RX8 in BBCs Fifth Gear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBaV1VsBw_M

Listen how they coment about how frustating is seeing an Alfa win in styling but losing at the track. Because is heavy and FWD.

Why Alfa isnt doing nothing about it. For example, the Spider should be more like a Elise, Miata, S2000 kind of car.

They are not taking advantage of Alfas heritage to sell cars.

Could it be some way of collecting signs from every Alfa club all over the world via internet and showing Alfa managers how many Alfa fans are not buying their actual product because of FWD. Lets show them how many Alfa fans want RWD back.
84 GTV6
96 M3
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

what u guys forget, is that alfisti are a small minority willing to forgive foibles. The majority of the populations remember alfas poor build quality, bad electrics, bad driving positions, unreliability, rust, terrible dealer service, and expensive parts. This reputation is hard to shift for alfa, and they are slowly winning the ingnoramus back, by mass producing medeocre, safe, reliable, boring middle man cars, with zero heritage.

Alfa dont take risks anymore. to produce a good RWD sports coupe, they would have to market it within the same price range and target audience as 328, 330 M3 or CLk's etc and theres no way are alfa going to get in on that piece of the pie anymore, they have left it way to long, and are way off the pace of BMW and Merc technology/development. That train left the station a while back, and FIAT well and truly missed it. they have been asked numerously to address the issue of producing a RWD coupe, and they wont, cos they know they will get eaten alive.

sorry guys, but IMHO FIAT lost their way a long time ago....and I was a die hard fan. just lucky the alfa brand hasn't declined to the ever sinking depths that the FIAT brand has. I wouldnt piss on a FIAT now, they are utter crap. AHH the good old days of the abarth 130, Uno turbo, croma turbo.damn the Unohh turbo i.e was fast! used to eat R5's and 205 gti 1.9s easy.

:D
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

It breaks my heart I tell you. :cry: The very first time I drove an Alfa myself was my then boss's GTV 2 L,an 82 model,and it was instant love. :D Then I got to test drive a GTV6 2.5 and well I was lost to the cause as my uncle is fond of telling me.... :lol:

Talking Fiat UNO turbo's reminds me of this one time my cousin and I decided to go look for some traffic light grand prix's... :lol: We were in my cousin's E36 M3 of the 3.2 variety and we get asked to race this chap in his UNO Turbo.We were both two up and my cuz get's the drop on him from 1st through 2nd and well into 3rd gear before I notice this rapidly gaining UNO in the side mirror. :shock: Before he could hook 4th the UNO passes us like were looking for a parking bay.Next thing the traffic lights coming up turn red.No problem in the M3 but the chap in the UNO hit's the anchors,ass lifts in the air,but the retardation...she aint to good... :lol: He only got this UNO to stop at the next set of lights.Very quick but sweet blow all for brakes.
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

:lol: the turbo ie was stonking, up until they replaced it with the mK2, which was rubbish. the mk1 was over a 100bhp per litre! 8) what was great about them is that the management kit was so state of the art, that you could drive around on red line all day, so long as the turbo was in good order, with no fear of blowing it up. I sold mine 10 years ago, and still regret it to this day, what a brilliant car.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Fernando wrote:Just read the motoring supplement of our local business paper in which they tested the latest Alfa Spyder.I want to cry.They reckon it's a poseurs car. :oops: An Alfa that's a poseurs car ? Never thought I would hear those words. :cry:
I don't want to collaps your universe or anything but all roofless unibody cars are poseur cars. Every single one.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Mats thanks I needed a good laugh today. :D Yea I know open top cars are not the kind guys like us would rush out and buy,but it still pains me to read of an Alfa spoken of in such a way. :cry:

Here is one for you though...do you consider the F50 to be a poseurs car or not? :lol:

Lucas thanks for the link.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

We had a huge debate about that going to the WTCC race actually (the other three guys in the car had a Ferrari each...). The F50 is difficult as it is built as a formula car with a road-car body stuck onto it. Isn't it monocoque btw? That would make it outside my unibody definition... :wink:
Last edited by Mats on Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

I would have to agree with you on that one Mats. :lol: Cannot imagine a poseur type driver tolerating the noise and vibration emitted by the F50's magnificent V12 engine. :shock:

I got to test drive the previous generation Spyder on it's launch in SA but both my cousin and I felt to conspicuous driving it with the top down. :oops: