Anything that does not fit into other topics.
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Geez sorry to hear about the fire Jes, glad no one hurt. I don't know how you could deal with it, i'd still be in shock! and glad to hear you're getting back into it, guess thats the best way!
Good luck
Must have been a bloody big fire!!! salvaging aft the rear doors ! ouch!
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

I don't have a single pic as Judy, Jonas, and I had to jump in the truck immediately and drive the 1200 miles home - haven't made any efforts to get any either - don't want Judy to see it as she may just get even more concerned about the risks - she was a bit shocked. Though, I have lots of pics from the final assembly - prefer to look at those... :)

I think it burned for about 10 min, but in a situation like this everything happens so fast and the time-line easily gets messed up - maybe it was only 5 min...

The good part was that a detailing shop brought out some handheld extinguishers - had it sat burning until the fire department arrived, I'm not sure anything would be left.

Thanks for the info - we will check it carefully before deciding which way to go.

Jes
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)
ALFA GTV6 GP
Platinum
Platinum

Post by ALFA GTV6 GP »

Jes that just plain sucks mate.Sorry to hear about your bad luck.
I felt physically sick after reading your post about the firey demise of your Milano.Great to hear some parts are salvagable and Part two is in the making.
John
Alfa 75 3.0 qv potenziata (Black)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Silver)
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0 (Red)
Alfa GTV6 GP (Concourse)
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport (Grey) 226.3 Bhp atw
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Dark Grey) 200+ Bhp atw
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

damn you guys kill me, i thought upon first reading the thread title that someone had gotten severely hurt or worse...

then i realise it was just a car.. i know its a sweet alfa, but still. :oops:

i dunno, maybe i'm getting all serious and grown up about it, maybe i simply need a tampon, but Jes seems to have the right attitude and that, along with health is the main thing ! 8)

sorry to hear about your awesome work going to waste man, chin up, tally ho and all that !

(also keen to see mk2) :lol:
"Fun is an unintended, unforeseen, and usually undignified consequence of life."