Carl Friedman
Silver
Silver

Verde Recaro seat material

Post by Carl Friedman »

Where can I get the gray material that goes in the center of the Recaro seats found in the Milano Verde? While it's not terribly important that I match it, it would be nice as the driver seat bottom cushion is the only part from both front seats that needs repair.

carl
Carl....in Virginia
116_Veloce
Silver
Silver

Post by 116_Veloce »

Even though there's a very small chance you would find anything, I suggest you ask around the alfa dealerships. Sometimes they have a roll left. If not, I suggest you go to:

SMS auto fabrics. Look for them on the web, I forget the url but they are the largest suppliers of fabrics for cars, and they have in stock over 10,000 kinds of materials. They cater to all the big restorers. If you send them a sample I'm sure they will be able to match it or give you something VERY close.
Fate agli altri quello che vorreste sia fatto a voi
Cannibal
Silver
Silver

Post by Cannibal »

Ferrari of Seattle has some. It's not cheap, but never was. FOS's price is comparable to everyone else's.

Call them at: 206-329-7070. The part number they use is "RECARO" with out the quotes of course.

Steve
asanisimasa
Silver
Silver

Post by asanisimasa »

hi,

please see:

http://www.ritmo-world.com/html/5_pract ... 18_de.html

url in german, it shows some seat-covers (cloth) - most "fiat", some "alfa"
also for the gtv and 75

it seems that they have a good contact to italy

try: info1@ritmo-world.com or andreas@fiatritmo.de

i think they also understand english
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Thought I remember a guy on AlfaBB who had several yards of the stuff and was trying to sell it....
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Am I the only one that thinks the stock Verde's seat fabric sucks? It doesn't last, it feels funny and it doesn't even look that great when new. It looks like it belongs in a Hyundai and a cheap one at that.
asanisimasa
Silver
Silver

Post by asanisimasa »

@Greg Gordon

no man, you are absolutely wright. but hey - it´s an alfa romeo ;-)!

(or would you prefere a hundai :lol:)
Rookie ROX
Gold
Gold

Post by Rookie ROX »

I agree with Greg - I hate the material that came in the '87 75s here in Australia (not sure what material you guys got). Mine is scratchy, it hurts, it looks horrible and just generally sucks. Hence the reason I got some microsuede offcut for $3 from a local upholstery place and changed my door cards - not the best job, but looks so much more modern!

The material that was used in the later model 75s is a lot better, but isn't the longest lasting stuff.

I wish we got Recaros :(

ROCK ON
R~R
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

micro suede is nice! and good quality stuff is very very durable, just ask my well used couch!
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

reoriginals in Texas

Post by cchan »

Hi,

I was able to find the orginal seat covers from re originals for my GTV6 restore project. They are expensive but at least I was able to find it. They maybe able to help you. It is my understanding that he gets this from Italy.
Rookie ROX
Gold
Gold

Post by Rookie ROX »

x-rad wrote:micro suede is nice! and good quality stuff is very very durable, just ask my well used couch!
Agreed!

The place I went to was just a fabric warehouse really, and I happened to stumble upon an end of role of microsuede, was very pleased when she told me it would be $2.80! So I gave her $3 to be nice! :D

I'd love to retrim seats in a leather and microsuede, it looks so good and removes the issue of your back sticking, but alas also an expensive task :(

ROCK ON
R~R