Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Re: Mats Strandberg (SWE)

Post by mjr »

have to agree matts. as much as I love the 116's, they do feel so so dated now, I have been contemplating selling my GTV6 and replacing with and E46m3. I have also been looking for a 96 wide body 155 v6 for dossing about in, for well over a year with no luck here in the UK. Your onr is so nice..
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Thanks! :)
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

I'm actually going to break this for parts. :wall:

The car looks amazing at 10 meters, once you look closer you can see some bubbles on the roof and A-pillars...
So the exhaust will maybe end up on the scrap heap, uinless someone buys it off of me. :?

ahahh, too bad to see it's going to be broken for parts....love to have one of those here, the 33 is getting a bit small for me, I just like bigger cars, plus I have the Giulie for fun.. :D
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

hey mats. how do you find that new 155? I have just baught one for peanuts, a 96 widebody 2.5 v6, lowered 40mm. I was amazed at what a
good handler it is on the test drive!!. I was also impressed with how silky smooth the gearshift and drive train is on them. not so impressed on the crap quality of the interior plastic though :shock:
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

I like it a lot!
It feels light, I means when you take off it just rolls away easy, all the controls are like they should: steering is quite light but with nice feedback and throttle response is great. My gearbox seems to have the wrong type oil or something because it's nowhere near 'silk' and the clutch does'nt feel as 'tight' as it should. Chassis-wise it's better then I though, it does make some rather nasty clunks and the whole car shudders going over sharp bumps like train tracks or potholes but I blame the "sports" shocks, need to buy some Bilstein stuff before next summer as these ones seem to be Koni clones... :x

I have no problems with the interior feel or quality actually, I kinda like it. :)
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

The clunks, you need to check the a-arms. typical new Alfas lousy A-arm bushings, very limited lifespan. A squadra-tuning chip is a must for the car!

BTW, MJR did you get the black speedlines? I have the pepper pot wheels (i.e. looks like SZ wheels).
Dr. Alban
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

interesting mats, yeah maybe you have the wrong oil. mines done 148,000 miles! and the box is really nice, though it does have and A&P
clutch in it, maybe that makes a difference?? dunno. this one shudders too when you hit a series of bumps, it loses its composure a bit up front, i think the sports pack on 40mm lowering springs are maybe too harsh.? someone told me that a strut brace sorts that little issues out. dont know enough about these cars yet. Zamani, i think they are speed lines, are they these ones? sorry crap picture, but I havent picker her up yet, and this is the only one I got. its not as red as the picture makes out. its actually "proteo" like a candy apple red.

I must admit, I'm a little surprised that the car puts the 116 gtv6 to shame in almost every aspect, and my GTV6 drives great. I thaught being front wheel drive it would be dull. it's just as rewarding to drive as my GTV6. That surprised me a lot. The GTv6 build quality is better though, certainly the interior anyway. There is alittle too much cheap FIAT tempra/Tipo influence on alot of this car.
The factory quick rack steering is just sublime, I can see why people hold on to these V6 wide bodies. The throttle responce as you say matts, is just unreal. so much feed back considering power steering too. I heard mixed results on the squadra chips Zamani. It claims 16hp for about 186hp total, simply from a fuel table remap? hmm maybe.

Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

The Squadra chip has more than just the fuelmap changed... :? Ignitiontables are also in the Motronic and they are altered too. :wink:
Drive it like you stole it...
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Well, mine has 200,000Km on the clock... :shock:
It does have quite an impressive list of "Previous owner issues" that I'm going to fix during the winter, LCAs both sides, drop links and AR-bars upgrade, belts idlers/tensioners, plugs, thermostat, lambda probe and so on. did a fault code check today and it came back as a faulty lambda heat circuit, hence the crappy running at light loads and cold car.
If I can't find a strut brace that I like I might have to make one, the ones I've seen look silly/styling and I can't have that, lower brace is readily available which is nice,
Also need to do something about the exhaust and intake, too silent! 8)

mjr, are you on stock shocks? Looks very low to be on 40mm lower springs. Love that pic though! :)

I'll probably have someone do the remap locally if squadra assumes everything stock, especially since I'll probably change the catalyst to a metallic matrix one. Free glowing exhaust will also push it outside the squadra envelope I think.
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Mats,

Check the airbox. The lower half of the airbox may have a hose connected to it. For some reason, mine doesn't and when you floor it, the sound is very intoxicating. My brother's 155 V6 has the hose, can barely hear the intake roar.

MJR,

I had the Squadra chip for 10 years now, it's GOOD!!! BTW, looks like you have a supersprint exhaust. Lovely wheels too!

I now have a Sebring rear box. It's not too loud, sounds quite good, but can you say 3000 rpm drone? Irritating, give me back the stock box anyday. What I would do is just put a nice stainless 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the cat up to the rear box. Maybe add a single resonator, but that's it. Just adds a touch more bass without being irritating. That's what I had before, until my rearbox rusted out. Didn't have any stock rear box in stock so I went with the Sebring....
Dr. Alban
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

I think my 116 is now sulking in the garage, since its gonna get ignored for the next 4-5 weeks! :lol:

sounds like you have plenty to do mats! i have a few issues too. centre box is blowing, passanger mirror broken, needs a new battery, and a damn good spring clean. as for intake noise, i suppose its a matter of taste, but mine has a cone filter fitted, and the intake noise when flooring it pisses me off, its too loud, sounds crazy, every one looks at you, its embarrassing. I think I may go back to stocdk air box.

Zamani, what sort of difference did the sqaudra chip make, driveability wise etc? yeah supersprint back box, its a very nice sound, not noisy at all, just makes a kind of burbly noise.

Mats, im not sure about the shocks, the previous owner tells me they are standard shocks, but like you, Im not so sure??? its lower than my gtv6 on RS kit!!! i think I will need a sump guard :shock:

these cars are just intoxicating, so nice to look at... Alfa really got it right with these, kept the aggressive shape and look of the 75, but managed to be better some how, all be it front wheel drive.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Did some measuring on the exhaust yesterday and it's 2" from the cat to the last muffler where it goes down 1 3/4"... Add two huge reflection mufflers to that AND one absorbtion and you get the picture. :?
I do however believe that deleting 2 of the mufflers and adding a 2½" pipe is too much of a step. Right now I'm looking at replacing the muffler after the cat and deleting the middle one, going to 2 1/4" pipes. Maybe I'll get a metallic cat, haven't made up my mind yet. The flex pipes look in pretty bad shape too. :roll:
So maybe I'll do everything from the flexis and rearwards.

I was thinking about moving the battery to the trunk and maybe use the space to make an air box or something but when I looked at the system yesterday it's just so nicely done in stock form I'm afraid I'll ruin it with a home made version. :?

Neew wheels would be nice but I'm afraid the car will feel slow with larger wheels on it, heavier wheels is terrible for car feel. :x
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
LENZ
Gold
Gold

Post by LENZ »

Nice 155 Mats.
I finally took my 155 car to the track last weekend for it's shake down, loved every minute of it. It"s got a 3.0 24V engine in it and Q2 of course
I modified quit a lot of parts on the 155, and it turned out really well.
Not disapointed yet, changing the 75 for a 155racer/
155 3.0 V6 24v Q2 NovaCorse
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Nice car! Does your car still have the standard rear suspension subframe? Another red 155 racer in the Dutch Alfa series has the 916 setup right?
Dr. Alban
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Wow, nice! 9x17? :D
Redrilled WTCC/ETCC wheels or ordered like that? Can't believe how tight the body is to the wheels, Supertouring tight! :)
Videos?

Usually you have problems with too much grip in the rear on FWD cars så why you want to switch to a axle with lots of complexity and compliance built into it I don't understand...

I actually did some laps at Mantorp Park today, "Quiet half hour" though sp 100Km/h max and no overtaking. Was still fun to throw it into the turns, very balanced and no understeer at all actually. Very nice over all feel but needs new shocks and all bushings (at least) ;)
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!