Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
AlanV6
Gold
Gold

Hello from Slovenia (my V6 project) 2012 new car!

Post by AlanV6 »

Hi i'm Alan and i'm reading this forum for a while now. I own a 916gtv 3.0 V6 with some mods on the engine, body and suspension. Well she was my daily and track car for 3 years but i crashed her beyond repair. Engine survived and will go into another alfa (sorry not rwd but 156) I'm here because of some great info about v6 engines. I've just ordered Jim's V6 book :D

Specs of my engine:

11:1 cr, AHM regrinded cams (290° duration 1mm bigger lift), slightly ported heads and thinner valve stems, catless manifolds from latest 164, 2,5 flywheel (further lightened to 7kg), home made intake manifold with trumpets and shortened chrome pipes + 84mm tb from maserati.

Car was never on a dyno, but at 1400kg i was as fast as new focus RS and megane RS so around 270bhp.

video 0 to 200kph http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6ImxFjzf2w

My fastest lap on trackday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZYYQ1ujQnU

Pics of my intake manifold and complete engine:

i have a lot more pics, but i think on this forum the engine is interesting not some fwd car :mrgreen:
Last edited by AlanV6 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Re: Hello from Slovenia (my V6 project)

Post by 75evo »

welcome Alanq4, this is one of the best sites when it comes to V6s.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Impressive footage . Also the clearest footage i have seen on youtube .
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Very nice. I am impressed with your intake system.

Greg,
www.hiperformancestore.com
AlanV6
Gold
Gold

Post by AlanV6 »

AlanV6
Gold
Gold

Post by AlanV6 »

Toady the book came :D

AlanV6
Gold
Gold

Post by AlanV6 »

Hi, long time no posting :D
I crashed my gtv a long time ago. Now i bought alfa 156 2.5 V6 to put my 3.0 engine in.
Ofcourse there will be some more tweaks as i know there is more power hidden in the engine.

I will take it apart and make bobweights to balance the engine because this was bugging me all the time.

For now just some specs of my 156 and some pics.

156 y.2000 lowered on koni sport suspension, pu bushes allround, bigger caster (front lower arms moved forward 15mm) lightened 80kg, a lot of weight at front removed (no AC, lightweight fan, battery in the boot floor, removed foglamps...)
Front bucket seats, 330mm front two piece brakes, 300mm rear brake discs (audi a5) and so on...

I made 0.1s faster time on track with stock motor then with gtv (both similar other mods) so it will be a good base for fast road/track car.

Stock form:

some mods:

lowered and on ultraleggeras:

AlanV6
Gold
Gold

Re: Hello from Slovenia (my V6 project) 2012 new car!

Post by AlanV6 »

Lightning the car:

ultraracing rear ARB:

3.0 engine on a stand:

opened bottom:

that's all for now!

And a pic from track (still on 2.5 engine):

AlanV6
Gold
Gold

Post by AlanV6 »

Slowly getting her apart:

AlanV6
Gold
Gold

Post by AlanV6 »

it's out :D

75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Alan I'm looking for a 156 V6 gearbox with linkage. Are you interested in selling me yours? It's for my 164 Super 24V. You still have your GTV6 gearbox and are going to use that right?

BTW I thought someone in around that area in europe :) (on some other forum) had a GTV6 with custom made headers. The fabricator say next time he will commit suicide before making another set for the Alfa.

Zamani
AlanV6
Gold
Gold

Post by AlanV6 »

I will use this gearbox because of the shorter ratios, and i dont have any other as the one from gtv is no good.
I think custom headers were made in Italy and cost a fortune! I think that stock catless headers are good enough for 90+hp per litre.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

No it was on another Alfa forum. I know there are 2-3 mfgs in Italy. One is $uper$print and another one s a copy sold on ebay.it . Both expensive. This one was a custom made one, maybe it was a Hungarian forum, Almost equal length very long primaries. He posted all the photos while it was being constructed. It was so much more work than his fabricator friend was used to, that he didn't want to ever do one again.

Another thought I had was, the CF3 catted manifolds have what looks like very long primaries. They are more spaghetti like before the go into the cat. So you can cut off the cat and continue to the collector and flange That will easily give you 20-30% more primary length compared to the CF2 GTV manifolds. It will give you longer primaries and the factory already did 1/2 the work for you.